Feb 15 2007
By: Italia10588~ First Son 4 posts

Using keyboard and mouse with Ps2

12 replies 6602 views Edited Feb 15, 2007
Hi all. Had my ps2 since it was first released, but never tried using a mouse or keyboard with it. Now I am curious, and I want to try it out. I tried to plug n play but that didnt work. Are there any special drivers in order to use a standard USB mouse and keyboard with the ps2? Also do you have to have the harddrive in order to use them? any feedback would be great, thanks.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (6,602 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5733 posts

Re: Using keyboard and mouse with Ps2

Feb 16, 2007

Italia10588 wrote:
Hi all. Had my ps2 since it was first released, but never tried using a mouse or keyboard with it. Now I am curious, and I want to try it out. I tried to plug n play but that didnt work. Are there any special drivers in order to use a standard USB mouse and keyboard with the ps2? Also do you have to have the harddrive in order to use them? any feedback would be great, thanks.

No you don't need a hard drive and most USB keyboards work without any special equiptment.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (6,602 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2753 posts

Feb 16, 2007

Italia10588 wrote:

Just be sure the game supports use of the keyboard and mouse.
-- Want the answer to all of your PS2 online troubles? Check this out!
-- Google and search functions are your best friend.
-- Keep threads in the forum, don't PM me your troubles.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (6,602 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 16, 2007
I plugged in my Logitech Mx1000 mouse into the usb port and I got nothing. I'm pretty sure socom is keyboard and mouse supportive? I tried google, I jsut got a bunch of adds for adaptors and whatnot.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (6,602 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3159 posts

Feb 16, 2007
If the game works with a USB keyboard you dont need anything else. Socom, and almost any other online game can make use of the keyboard. The only game that uses a mouse is FF11 (I think, there might be 1 or 2 others, but I dontt think so.)
GAP Member since 2003
Trapper as per the art of Dark Tranquillity
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (6,602 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3775 posts

Feb 17, 2007
Well off the top of my head the following games use the USB Keyboard/Mouse..

Deus Ex
Half-Life
Soldier of Fortune
Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force
Final Fantasy XI
EverQuest

I know there are more but can't think of them right now. Hope that helps
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (6,602 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 17, 2007
ah, that depressing. I really wanted to use a mouse for FPS. I cant stand aiming with analog sticks.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (6,602 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5414 posts

Feb 17, 2007

Italia10588 wrote:
ah, that depressing. I really wanted to use a mouse for FPS. I cant stand aiming with analog sticks.

Then play FPS games on a computer. Consoles aren't meant to use a keyboard and mouse as the main controllers. Custom controllers are the standard for them, and always have been.
My PlayStation2 HDD guide.: http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32

PS2 Model Number and Importing Guide
PS2 HDD Forum (archived)
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (6,602 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 30, 2008
Thats not true console supports KB/M for FPS games even the PS3 has support for it but I'm in his boat My mouse won't work either without adapter. I did read in some some where that PS2 supports KB/M when HDD is installed so if that was the case I would need the PS2 HDD utility , if this is true need more info...

I currently play socom 2...
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (6,602 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5414 posts

Jan 31, 2008

sangre wrote:
Thats not true console supports KB/M for FPS games even the PS3 has support for it but I'm in his boat My mouse won't work either without adapter. I did read in some some where that PS2 supports KB/M when HDD is installed so if that was the case I would need the PS2 HDD utility , if this is true need more info...

I currently play socom 2...

The HDD interface software enables keyboard support in the system interface, and only for naming folders. It doesn't extend support to games. A game has to be programmed with support for a USB device for the device to work. Almost no PS2 games support a mouse, and keyboard is usually only supported for in-game chat for online games.
My PlayStation2 HDD guide.: http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32

PS2 Model Number and Importing Guide
PS2 HDD Forum (archived)
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (6,602 Views)
0 Likes