Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 05 2003
By: Torndevil~ I Only Post Everything 1143 posts

Socom 2 Not what i expected

20 replies 1 views Edited Nov 5, 2003
This game isn't at all what i expected. It's not as good as i thought . What do you guys think about it?
Socom ID: --CuJo--
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
513 posts

Re: Socom 2 Not what i expected

Nov 5, 2003

I think it must be good cause there is very little on the boards about it.

I would not be here either except I haven't gotten mine yet. Sux.

"What's the worst that can happen when you are expecting nothing ? "
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9595 posts

Nov 5, 2003

,Torndevil wrote:
This game isn't at all what i expected. It's not as good as i thought . What do you guys think about it?

what did you expect?
Hideo Kojima, "You're looking at the key to winning the console war."

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Nov 5, 2003
i like it alot!! it so sweet how u can talk in the looby and u have a friends list!! its so awsome = )
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1143 posts

Nov 5, 2003
It is gettin better. I suppose i have a lot to see on it and its maps are great.
Socom ID: --CuJo--
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
554 posts

Nov 5, 2003
I am not as happy as I thought I would be either...

First, the graphics are ok, but nothing fantastic. I personally like the Tom Clancy games graphics better. Eventhough the environments are more cluttered in Socom 2, just not as smooth or lifelike as they looked in screenshots.

Second, the gameplay is ok. Honestly think about it before you jump all over me, but I don't play on-line. I KNOW that if I was on-line this game would be outstanding. But the missions... they are long and pretty cool, but I get inpatient. I love stealth and I'm not looking for a huge run n gun adventure... but with Socom, take the first mission for example... I run down the street hide in the shrubs, and wait... watching the the AI enemy walk his route down the street, listen to the conversation, then wait some more til they start to walk back up the street, so I can then run to the next shrubs and go through the exact same scenario again with the next two guards. And THEN I get close to the half way point of the mission and get killed by a sniper... whom I can't locate, so I go thru the whole waiting thing again just to run the mission 3-4 times trial and error to figure out where all the enemies are. Now I don't know what I am looking for in a good stealth game, but then run to a bush wait 5 minutes, then run to the next and wait again... isn't exactly boatloads of fun. Maybe if it were more like a Ghost Recon, where I can slowly creep around the guards without having to wait, or have them walk alternate paths, or have them walk faster damn it! I just start to get impatient and decide to try to take them out without letting anyone else hear, but then I failed a mission objective... : ( And the trial and error! I know thats definately something you don't get on-line, so why not have the CPU randomly generate the placement and path of the baddies everytime I retry the level? Instead I just have to play the level 4-5 times over to discover all their hiding spots, and then I can finish the level.

Having said all that I have only completed the first two levels, so I am hoping for a little just a little more excitement and different challenges then hiding in the bushes until they walk away. I am disappointed because I don't remember feeling this unsatisfied with Ghost Recon or any of the Tom Clancy games as I did with this one last night.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
545 posts

Nov 5, 2003
well it was overhyped i mean how could it possibly live up to people expectations?
[]D [] []V[] []D
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Nov 5, 2003

though this games is probably off the hook, i would much rather play a first person shooter than a 3rd person shooter.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
554 posts

Nov 6, 2003
You can play Socom as a First Person Shooter!

But I don't understand why some people make such a big deal of it... first or third... it's shooter either way!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 29, 2004
what did u expect 2 fly in jets and go swimin or somthin!,
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes