Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 25 2002
By: Tkdista~old First Son 2 posts

Read Disc Error on everything! Help!

6 replies 1 views Edited Dec 25, 2002

We have been trying everything in our PS2: games (old and new), CDs, DVDs.....  Everything gives us a message:

Read Disc Error

Could someone please help us?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (1 View)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Re: Read Disc Error on everything! Help!

Dec 25, 2002

,Tkdista wrote:

We have been trying everything in our PS2: games (old and new), CDs, DVDs.....  Everything gives us a message:

Read Disc Error

Could someone please help us?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

if its new exchange your PS2, if not call Sony Tech 1-800-345-Sony.
Formally chaynes...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Dec 25, 2002

this problem is happening to many ps2 owners. i think it was caused by incompetance in the SONY corporation.it occured to me too, but i was able to fix it. i opened the ps2 and took of the laser protection cover and there is a little pod that holds down the disc while it is spining. the pod gets dirty and looses its friction. i put some medical tabe on it and the problem stoped. you should call sony first maybe they could fix it for a resonable price before doing something stupid like opening the ps2

-----------------------------------
-----DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT----
-Gran Turismo-
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Lens cleaning help

Dec 25, 2002

Is there a way to clean the lens that is the best?  Several ways to do it?  Something I have to buy? 

I know it sounds silly, but we are dealing with PS2, XBox, Deamcast and Super Nintendo   - and I'm a single mom!

Thanks to all of you out there who have obviously dedicated a great deal of your time to just sitting here, helping people.  When your parents begin to gripe about the time you are spending on the internet, please show them this message and let them know that you are REALLY REALLY saving Christmas for a lot of people.  Your time is generous and well spent!

Now, how do I get my kids to spend more time helping people and less time just gaming?  ha, ha

Merry Christmas!

T

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45016 posts

Re: Lens cleaning help

Dec 25, 2002

,Tkdista wrote:

Is there a way to clean the lens that is the best?  Several ways to do it?  Something I have to buy? 

I know it sounds silly, but we are dealing with PS2, XBox, Deamcast and Super Nintendo   - and I'm a single mom!

Thanks to all of you out there who have obviously dedicated a great deal of your time to just sitting here, helping people.  When your parents begin to gripe about the time you are spending on the internet, please show them this message and let them know that you are REALLY REALLY saving Christmas for a lot of people.  Your time is generous and well spent!

Now, how do I get my kids to spend more time helping people and less time just gaming?  ha, ha

Merry Christmas!

T

Buying your kids/husband a system keeps them off the streets! And Merry Christmas to you too.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 25, 2002

To FO94- i opened my ps2 and im not quite sure what you did with the tape, i would really appreciate it if you could tell me what exactly you did. It would help a lot. Thank you and merry christmas.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 26, 2002
F094--

I am debating whether to pull off that warranty seal from the back of my PS2. I have had my PS2 for almost 2 years. How long does the warranty last? I do not want to wait 2 to 3 weeks for repair because I simply cannot do without my PS2. Also, if and when I get into my PS2, what exactly do I look for and what do I do to it to fix?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (1 View)
0 Likes