Nov 06 2001
By: bubby23~old First Son 3 posts

Performance Mega Memory Card Help

6 replies 380 views Edited Nov 6, 2001
I have a performance brand mega memory card, which is supposed to have like 360 blocks of memory. There are 24 files that contain 15 blocks each. It had worked fine until I filled the file I was on. Now when I switch files and go the the save menu it says to insert memory card, then says please wait, and automatically switches back to the file I was on. If anyone has had this problem and has a solution it would be greatly appreciated. Anything would help, even a # to call that might help.

Thanks, James

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Read this for that Problem!!!!

Nov 6, 2001
It is Performance so it isn't aurthorized by the SCEA.I had the problem with my Performance memory card.It wouldn't load my FF7 file.I called Sony and was told to not use Performance for they can cause damage to your PS/PSone/PS2 and that Sony does not take responsibility for you using the products that are not authorized by them they do not go through as good of checks as they should.Your card cannot be fixed it is your fault for using Performance and you should use the PlayStation memory cards so that you are assured proper usage.Sorry that there is no way to help you fix it call Performance is all i can say since they made it.Anyone who hasn't had that problem wouldn't know what to do unless they heard solution from the Performance Company or a friend that had the problem.

If you have FF7 and want or need any help on it ask me or e-mail me.My e-mail address is:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (380 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

RE: Read this for that Problem!!!!

Nov 6, 2001
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll just keep playing with it and see if I can get it to work. If you have the phone number of a performance help line, I would appreciate it, I have tried to find one and can't.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Nov 7, 2001
Hey it is 10:00pm here so i gotta go to bed.Last night i got till 11pm.So i will try to find one tommorrow and respond asap i found the sony one last week Oct.,31.I will look tommorrow and if i can find one i will reply to this.By the way to get a hold of Sony call 1-800-345-SONY.I think that is it i threw away the paper since i was done with it only part i not sure of is 345 part.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (380 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 8, 2001
Thanks alot, but if it is too much of an inconvenience, you don't need to. Don't get me wrong, I would greatly appreciate it, but I'll live without it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Nov 8, 2001
I didn't have anytime yesterday so i tried today and could not find it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (380 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

RE: Performance Mega Memory Card Help

Nov 12, 2001
I've had this problem as well. I've found that if you copy all the saves from the current file you are stuck in to another memory card and delete them from your performance card, your performance card will then allow you to switch again between the various "files" (eg, A3, B6). I just try not to fill up one file too much. I've also had this problem when I save games on my performance card that use multiple blocks of memory, even if the file isn't full (eg, NHL 2001). Hope this helps. --Terp1

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (380 Views)
0 Likes