Jul 24 2002
By: cool02~old First Son 6 posts

PS2, Xbox or sound systems?

7 replies 1 views Edited Jul 24, 2002
want to know how other people think? check this out
currently there are more xBox users giving their ideas compare to PS2 user, I believe one of the cause is that I can't post the web link here.

I'm afraid if you want to join, you have to do a little bit of typing here:

web link address:
asia DOT geocities DOT com SLASH chuwasg SLASH ia SLASH poster DOT html

Once you enter, you will see a whole list of statistic of
the entries.

Someone ask if the prize is for real? Yes, it is. We will
ship it anytwhere in the world as long as it is reachable
by DHL or FedExp.

a small samples of the inputs:smileysad:Thanks to Robert, Chris and
Adrian, )
(don't copy their ideas, for similar entries, only the
earliest entry will be consider)

21.7% 5/23 XBox + 2 games (your choice)
21.7% 5/23 PlayStation 2 + 2 games (your choice)
56.5% 13/23 Home cinema package (5.1 Dolby Digital
Receiver/Amplifier and Speaker Systems)

Robert Shane
Bass and lots of it. There needs to be more companys that
offer great bass at lower prices. Mabey a free DTS system
for every console.....nah. Overall they need to sale
great, low prices speakers of any size. This would improve
the experience for most people who can't afford $400 to
$500 dollars worth of sound. I would also give those
people who could afford more... more.

Chris McCary
First there needs to be a on/off switch on the remote.
There also needs to be more capability and usage of the
network card. It needs to be able to talk to your PC.
Sending music back and forth. It also needs to have the
ability to transfer saved games between 2 consoles that
are connected on a network.

Adrian Rami
It would be cool if you could have a true virtual reality
game where you are the main character and your movements
would depict the movements in the game. That way it is
like you are really there so you could hear any sound
around you with perfect precision. That would be cool!

Message 1 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2513 posts

Out of those 3 ppl, who do you think will win? -nt

Jul 24, 2002
nt = No Text

Can you hear me now? Good
Message 2 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

RE: Out of those 3 ppl, who do you think will win? -nt

Jul 24, 2002
in the mean time, there are a lot more coming....

While you are playing game, it can use as remote control for Gate, door, volume control (even mute), light or even microwave, gas/electric stove, air-corn. Auto mute while phone ring and can use as phone set too !

3d outside the box

My cool idea would consist of total surround sound. This consists of a normal surround sound package except each speaker should have its own sub-woofer to enhance the feeling of being in the game/movie so if there is an explosion the ground actually shakes! Also, as an optional package, 2 more speakers should be able to be purchased that can be place on the center of the floor and on the center of the ceiling. This would add another dimension to surround sound as you could literally hear a plane fly overhead or underneath you. This would provide the closest thing to total surround sound yet! Should include a stand for each speaker and a proper 5.1 Dolby Digital Receiver/Amplifier with DTS and DD5.1 decoding capability. Damn now you got me wanting something that doesn't exist! I would make it myself if i could! BTW i would make good use of the prize as I do not have a surround sound package and really want one to get the best sound out of my games for my xbox and dvd movies. Keep it real and keep up these great competitions!

I think gaming consoles should be equipped with sound cards, and like an internal sound system similar to a Home Cinema Sound System. Internal speakers and subwoofer, and also multi sound - and you can also use the sound system of the xbox along with the sound system of a 5.1 system.... It would sound super hot

DOT xbox DOT com SLASH LIVE SLASH xboxlive-voicefeature.htm I realize this is not really just sound, but if you built this idea into a Dolby 5.1 set up, instead of just hearing it through a single headphone, the experience would be increadible. With people talking and you could actually hear what direction their voice was comming from, not only would it be really fun, but it could also improve you gameplay (especially online, team based gameplay).

Wirless head phones.

The coolest idea to enhance the sound experience for video games is to have complete real life sounding sorround sound all around the room with loud base that hooks up to your SYSTEM. It should have each little detail so it sounds like you are actually there. You could control the volume with a remote or even on the controller. That is my idea.

It would be dope if we were able to upload our own songs to a game and have that play instead of the cheesy music most games provide.

I think gaming consoles should come standaed with a dolby digital reciever in them. I.E. not having to purchase addditional tyhings for the dolby digital. Another thing, I think there should be a volume control on the system itself.

Bass and lots of it. There needs to be more companys that offer great bass at lower prices. Mabey a free DTS system for every console.....nah. Overall they need to sale great, low prices speakers of any size. This would improve the experience for most people who can't afford $400 to $500 dollars worth of sound. I would also give those people who could afford more... more.

First there needs to be a on/off switch on the remote. There also needs to be more capability and usage of the network card. It needs to be able to talk to your PC. Sending music back and forth. It also needs to have the ability to transfer saved games between 2 consoles that are connected on a network.

It would be cool if you could have a true virtual reality game where you are the main character and your movements would depict the movements in the game. That way it is like you are really there so you could hear any sound around you with perfect precision. That would be cool!

I think that the consols should come with their own super sound system that only works with it and helps create a neat experience. Then I think that the games should come with their own music creators or be able to link to the internet and download songs that other people create or get any song in existance to help your gaming experience be even more enjoyable.

I think that the coolest thing that could be added to games might be on the hardware end of things. After you get the hardware developed, games could be made around it. My idea is, you could have an array of speakers, more like what a movie theater has. I.e. speakers in the back, above, in front, and on the side of you plus subwoofers for bass. This would work the best for shooters such as Halo. You could hear shots coming at you from the rear and turn around and find where they are coming from, just another way to add a piece of real life.

For games that allow custom soundtracks, we should be able to download fresh music from an online service, and the music could be composed/remixed by people who make the music respond the way the game designers intended, including 3d surround and environmental effects. The online service could give a list of composers to choose from, and be alerted that there is new content from their favorite music creators. This is a new sort on online gaming DJ. The DJ could get a small compensation for the number of downloads or plays, etc. using DRM.

I want to have as many speakers as possible in the room and have it acoustically sound, so when I'm playing the game i can hear everything like I'm supposed to and like I'm really there. THX certified games and system, with DTS DDS and all the other Dolby sound options, that you usally get in a movie theatre

A plug from an audio device(stero...game console..ect.) hooks into the walls of your room. Maybe from a suction cup so no holes are nedded. It uses your walls to amplyfing the sound and give a suround sound feal. This also elements the space requried for a full 5.1 speaker set. So even people with tiny apartments can hear high quailty surround sound.

Have a gaming console with built-in 5.1 sound with wireless speakers so you dont have to worry about hiding the wires.

I think they should have more channels to speakers and other subs. It would sound even better. But I think sound is already pretty good with video games.

Before you play the video game, after the loading screens are ready the game should prompt you to enter via your hard disk the songs you want played in a game. Here is what I mean:

Say a game incorporates 25 songs throughout. When you start the game a series of questions should determine what song you may want to pick for each situation. Questions may range as follows:

1. What song(s) do you want while browsing the menu? Choose a maximum of 5.

2. You are in a huge melee battle versus many opponents. Enter your selection of techno/rave songs. Choose a maximum of 10.

3. Boss battle songs. Please enter 15 songs from these genre(s)........

4. Ending credit songs. Please enter 2 from these genre(s).....

Hopefully you get the idea from my example above. Perhaps even the developer can have the songs prepared and you get to choose from their list. The choices are endless. THINK ABOUT HOW COOL THIS COULD BE!

Simple. I do not need anywhere close to 200 words.

GOOD SURROUND SOUND. That's it. And play it LOUD!

An internal sound system. What I mean is, a sound system that connects directly to your thoughts, and plays itself from the inside of your mind out. Races would take place in 3D environmental settings, FPS would feel like your in the action, everything that surrounds you will be perfectly located like in real life, and the experience will be amazing!

If one has the funds, one can create a sphereical room covered w/ speakers all around (360 degress) and a very wide screen TV that shows everything clearly and covers a who side of the room. The room also doesn't have any lights and there is nothing else in the room besides, you, the screen, and the many, speakers. One might ask where the game console will be at, it will be in the wall. In the end, the room should be like an small IMAX theater.

Surround sound in a small empty room. So that the sound will create echo.

inplant a chip in the area of the brean that controles audio, so every time you want to play a game you switch on the transmitter pluged in your pc/ game console. it also has other interesting applications like smoke and fire alarms can be connected so that you are sure to "hear" them even in your sleep. also a silent alarm from shop, second house can be attached to it, the burgler doesn't hear an alarm but the police and you do.

OI would like to see on-line FPS in 3D - the technology is there to do it but nobody is! Imagine Quake in full 3D over stearo glasses - it would be so immersive it would kill ya brian.

Message 3 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2513 posts

Out of all of that you still haven't answered my question...

Jul 24, 2002
Who do YOU think will win? Don't give away my real name.

"Thanks. You all have done a real good job of looking like idiots." -me talking to Xbox fans.
Message 4 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

RE: too early to say... -nt -nt

Jul 24, 2002
nt = No Text

Message 5 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2513 posts

I didn't say "who will win", I said "who might win". -nt

Jul 24, 2002
nt = No Text

"Thanks. You all have done a real good job of looking like idiots." -me talking to Xbox fans.
Message 6 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3316 posts

You don't that many subwoofers...

Jul 24, 2002
The human ear can't determine the source location of low frequency noises (ie-bass). Therefore, like in my situaion, I have 1 very good woofer hidden away that produces tons of bass that drowns my livingroom in sound. You need better midranges and tweeters of higher quality

My icon illustrates what Pres. Bush should do to Osama bin Laden.
Message 7 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2513 posts

I agree but for a car I would love "tons" of bass. -nt

Jul 24, 2002
nt = No Text

Can you hear me now? Good
Message 8 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes