Aug 06 2004
By: redneckinIL~ First Son 1 posts

Not loading or skipping if it does load

2 replies 2 views Edited Aug 6, 2004
Well, here is the situation.Robot tongue I had started getting the DRE message but that has since gone away. I was able to load and play SOCOM US Navy Seals last night. It was having problems normally during loading process or during movies where it would freeze, continue for a few seconds, freeze, repeat. I have read that it may be the CD/DVD Drive or it is the laser. I bought the PS2 from a friend and he had been having the DRE error (Hence how I got it) and he had broken the seal on the back so I don't believe I can send it in to Sony. I am a computer repairman so I can replace the CD/DVD drive if necessary. It is a version 1 (or so I have read - SCPH-30001 w/ 10 screws on the base) so the only problem would be finding the part. Anyone have any ideas?  
Message 1 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2430 posts

Re: Not loading or skipping if it does load

Aug 6, 2004
try a laser disc cleaner d. if that dosent work u might need to sned ur ps2 in to sony and have theme repair it or by a new one. sorry man
-Rocker4443
Message 2 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1866 posts

Re: Not loading or skipping if it does load

Aug 6, 2004
I take apart my PS2 regularly now to clean it out and adjust the laser. I think I started getting the DREs because of The Thing. Its a blue bottom disc so it forces the motor and laser to run at 4x the speed required for gold bottom discs. My PS2 wont read PS1 games, CDs, and blue bottom discs anymore. I really hope the same thing won't happen with the PS3.
Holy crap this site feels old, its almost 2008!
Message 3 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes