Dec 26 2002
By: -qwerty-~old First Son 2 posts

Newbie Qs

5 replies 1 views Edited Dec 26, 2002

Hello,

PS2 newbie here, with a couple of easy questions: I have a shiny new PS2 and an old 19" Panasonic TV, circa 1988, which happens to have an S-Video input on it.  Everything works fine.  Will I really and truly get a better picture with an S-Video cable?  I don't want to spend the cash if it won't make any difference.  Also, what's the advantage of having two memory cards?  Is one 8MB card enough to save game status for four or five games?  Is there any reason to NOT buy non-Sony memory at Radio Shack?

TIA,

-qwerty-

Message 1 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
This widget could not be displayed.
0 posts

Re: Newbie Qs

Dec 26, 2002
I'm not sure about on a TV that old. But with my TV S-video makes a big difference. I can't stand not playing with it now.
Message 2 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45016 posts

Dec 26, 2002

,-qwerty- wrote:

Hello,

PS2 newbie here, with a couple of easy questions: I have a shiny new PS2 and an old 19" Panasonic TV, circa 1988, which happens to have an S-Video input on it.  Everything works fine.  Will I really and truly get a better picture with an S-Video cable?  I don't want to spend the cash if it won't make any difference.  Also, what's the advantage of having two memory cards?  Is one 8MB card enough to save game status for four or five games?  Is there any reason to NOT buy non-Sony memory at Radio Shack?

TIA,

-qwerty-

All third party equipment is crap period. You can save many more games than 5-6 on one 8MB card, remember no more "block" like the older ps1.

Message 3 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Dec 26, 2002
It's in violation to your warrenty to purchase non-licensed software and/or hardware for your Playstation 2.  If you purchase a non-sony product for it, you can easily destroy something in the sony PS2.  It's safe to stay with sony, and non sony products void your warrenty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When your Playstation 2 gets a disk read error, it's time to call Sony! Sony Technical Support: 1-800-345-SONY (1-800-345-7669)
Sony Game Tips: 1-900-933-SONY (1-900-933-7669)
Message 4 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1286 posts

Dec 26, 2002
Non-Sony memory is made very cheaply and you might lose your data. You only need one memory card. S-video is definitely better, and very much so on those flat screens (like WEGAs). S-video might even be totally needed if you need to read stuff, like dialogue boxes. Basically, there is a big difference.
Message 5 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 26, 2002
Thanks everyone for the fast answers!  I'll take the advice and get the S-Video cable and one 8MB card.
Message 6 of 6 (1 View)
0 Likes