Splicer
53 posts

Re: MY PS2 is a piece of ****

Aug 7, 2004
my PS2 whas giving me errors too, that i read that it whas the laser alignment went out of wack, so i tried to fix it following instructions, but i didn't know my ps2 whas generation 1 and not 2

PS2 generation one has a probelm with laser geting some enrgy serges and slowly buring out, so it can't bew fixed
PS2 Generation 2 has a little white gear inside that somethimes skips and moves the alignment of your laser so it reads the wrong parts of the game and it frezes or it has DRE errors

as far as i know generation 3 has no problems
i replaced mine, i have generation 3 now
G.A.P. Member since 2004
Message 11 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: MY PS2 is a piece of ****

Aug 7, 2004
 ~am so sick of my PS2 i bought it when it for came out for 300 bucks. it worked for a year 1/2, then i kept sayin disc read error, disk read error. so i call sony and he says some of the first PS2's sent out from Japan were defective. so i send it in and get it fixed. I get it back it works i was so happy!So i play for another year and it breaks. same problem w/ the disk read error. some of my games would come up where it said PLAYSTATION 2 then the vwump sound then it would freezes and i would have to smack the top of the PS2 for like 5 mins to work. thats only for some of my games. I dont get y i keeps breaking and im getting mad, i havnt bought a game in 6 months because of it. I love Playstation and all but its really getting me annoyed... ~BUY AN XBOX THEY HAV A FREE FOUR YEAR WORRITY AND THEY LAST ARE BUILT BETTER THAN PS2 SO ALMOST NOBODY HAS COMPLANNED ABOUT AN XBOX OUTING ON THEM
Message 12 of 12 (0 Views)
0 Likes