Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 06 2004
By: mr.chow-youn-fat~ Lombax Warrior 131 posts

MY PS2 is a piece of ****

11 replies 1 views Edited Aug 6, 2004
I am so sick of my PS2 i bought it when it for came out for 300 bucks. it worked for a year 1/2, then i kept sayin disc read error, disk read error. so i call sony and he says some of the first PS2's sent out from Japan were defective. so i send it in and get it fixed. I get it back it works i was so happy!So i play for another year and it breaks. same problem w/ the disk read error. some of my games would come up where it said PLAYSTATION 2 then the vwump sound then it would freezes and i would have to smack the top of the PS2 for like 5 mins to work. thats only for some of my games. I dont get y i keeps breaking and im getting mad, i havnt bought a game in 6 months because of it. I love Playstation and all but its really getting me annoyed...
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8527 posts

Re: MY PS2 is a piece of ****

Aug 6, 2004
nothing lasts forever.  just buy a new ps2 already
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Aug 6, 2004
My PS2 is really ticking me off too. The last couple of weeks it has been having constant Disc Read Errors for games that used to work. Some of the games it'll say that they're not even PlayStation discs.
GameCube is starting to look good.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Aug 6, 2004

mr. chow-youn- fat wrote:
I am so sick of my PS2 i bought it when it for came out for 300 bucks. it worked for a year 1/2, then i kept sayin disc read error, disk read error. so i call sony and he says some of the first PS2's sent out from Japan were defective. so i send it in and get it fixed. I get it back it works i was so happy!So i play for another year and it breaks. same problem w/ the disk read error. some of my games would come up where it said PLAYSTATION 2 then the vwump sound then it would freezes and i would have to smack the top of the PS2 for like 5 mins to work. thats only for some of my games. I dont get y i keeps breaking and im getting mad, i havnt bought a game in 6 months because of it. I love Playstation and all but its really getting me annoyed...

Well hey they cant do much try calling them up again and see if they will re-repair it if not, then go to game stop sell it for like $100 then buy a new one which is like $199 canadian so just add another $100 into the deal and you got a new PS2. Or you could always try repairing it your self by opening it but you might just make it worse.
1-800-345-SONY.
TIGER-4-LIFE
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Aug 6, 2004

BRONXCHULO wrote:
nothing lasts forever. just buy a new ps2 already

Yup thats true for example many people on these baords have had to by multiple mics cause they dont last forever or lets say they were made cheaply and already came with a death sentence when the consumer plugged it into his/her PS2 , so its the same for the first few PS2's.
TIGER-4-LIFE
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
HZR
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Aug 6, 2004
As long as the problem is related to DRE's Sony will continue to fix it for free. It doesnt matter if you send it in 5 times, it'll be a free repair 5 times over. You pay shipping to them, they pay shipping back to you.
PS Network: HZR
Xbox 360 Tag: HZR Nam 75
Wii Connect: 7793 3308 1436 9373
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Aug 6, 2004
hmmmm.....
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Aug 6, 2004
Yea, well im not gunna send it back and wait a week or two like last time, i would love to sell it for 100$ at Game stop, but will they really pay 100 bucks for a crappy broken PS2, wut will they do w/ it? PS2 are only 150$ now so that means i pay only 50$ for a new one...
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2177 posts

Aug 6, 2004

,mr. chow-youn- fat wrote:
Yea, well im not gunna send it back and wait a week or two like last time, i would love to sell it for 100$ at Game stop, but will they really pay 100 bucks for a crappy broken PS2, wut will they do w/ it? PS2 are only 150$ now so that means i pay only 50$ for a new one...

Yes , they take the Ps-2's which don't work , i don't know how much they'll give you for it in U.S $$ , my friend got $105 (Canadian) when he traded his DRE infected Ps-2 in ...  and he got a $105 of in store credit ..

If you trade your Ps-2 in , you will get x amount , however it will be in-store credit , if you want cash for it they will give you 20% less the value (amount offered) ..

If you trade your broken Ps-2 in they will refurbish it into a new one .. in other words they'll replace the defective part and put it up for sale as a Refurbished Ps-2 ..

Yes , if they offer you a $100 (U.S) yeah guess you have to pay $50 more + Tax , and you'll have a new PS-2  ! yay !

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1686 posts

Aug 6, 2004
Just get a little compressed air to clean up the reading lens
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes