Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 17 2007
By: WANABEDVDWATCHA~ First Son 2 posts

DVD Parental Control override

9 replies 5661 views Edited Jun 17, 2007
I have bought a used ps2 and I want to watch a movie however I don't know the parental control code, does any one know how to override this without trying to find out the code by entering the numbers 0000-9999?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (5,661 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
72580 posts

Re: DVD Parental Control override

Jun 17, 2007
7444 should do the trick.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (5,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 17, 2007
7444 did not do the work, it will let me watch the rated version of dodgeball (Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller) but not dr. doolittle (Eddie Murphy). does ne1 know why?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (5,661 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3798 posts

Jun 17, 2007
Try these directions, they *should* work.

1. Insert a DVD Movie into the PlayStation®2.
2. You should receive a message informing you that the Parental Level has been set, and asking if youý"d like to allow the disc to play. Highlight "Yes" and then press the X button.
3. A new window will appear asking you to temporarily change the Parental Control to a different level. Again, highlight "Yes", and then press the X button.
4. Another window will appear asking you to enter your Password. Above that window are numbers (0-9).
5. Do not enter your password, but instead, press the select button on your Controller. This will change the text in the window from "Enter Password" to "Delete Password".
6. Using the numbers above the window, input 7444. If successful, you will receive a message stating "Deletion Complete".
7. Press Select. You will now be asked to register a new password. Please select a four-digit code of your choosing.
8. You will be asked to confirm your password selection by inputting the same code once again. If successful, you will receive a message stating "Registration Confirmed".
9. Now you need to turn off the password altogether. The movie should of started playing by now. Press select and chose Setup. Go to the parental control "tab" and set the level to "off".
10. Now you should be able to watch any movie

All credit for this write up goes to the member POST (revised by UnhappyKlown3).

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (5,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 12, 2008
hey bro when I entered 7444 it didn't work can you tell me why
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (5,661 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2753 posts

Sep 12, 2008

Reaper654 wrote:
hey bro when I entered 7444 it didn't work can you tell me why

Because you didn't follow the instructions.  Follow the instructions exactly as written and it will work. 

-- Want the answer to all of your PS2 online troubles? Check this out!
-- Google and search functions are your best friend.
-- Keep threads in the forum, don't PM me your troubles.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (5,661 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7472 posts

Sep 12, 2008
It allows me to reset but I can't change the level... keep asking me to enter Password for Rated R movies. This never happen on my slim but happens on my fat PS2
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (5,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 15, 2008

follow the steps to start the movie..... while it is playing press stop 2x when u high lite stop again it will be gray.

now go 2 setup drop to parental contrls

press right

enter code

scroll to off

press select to go back NOW press play

while movie is playing pop the top and pull main power plug

wait 5 seconds then turn it back on

NOW TRY IT:-)

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (5,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 23, 2009

Nothing I have found has allowed me to set my controls permanently.  I've read threads on Sony & watched YouTube videos.  I'm close but not quite the gold cigar...

Just a little background to keep response frustration to a minimum...

1.  I put my movie in. Got the message about Parental Controls...
    1. Really, Sony, it's asinine to create a dvd system that you can't watch your dvd's on. (I realize that's a secondary purpose, but still...)
  2. Selected "Yes" and "Yes"
  3. I then entered "Select" and nothing happened.
  4. I tried 7444 twice and was able to get my movie to work but the password delete function never came up.
  5. After watching a YouTube vid, I tried resetting the system without a disk in place.  I tinkered with some of the settings and reset again with a disk in place.
  6. This time, the select button worked for me because I got the delete password and register password screens.
  7. When I went to display and Settings for Parental Controls, they were still grayed out and I couldn't adjust anything there.
I have the slim 90001 PS2.  Any assistance would be MOST welcome.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (5,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 23, 2009

Doggonit!!

For a person who prides himself on being able to read...  This is what hours of frustration will do I guess. 

amarantha_17, your instructions were the icing on the cake.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (5,661 Views)
0 Likes