Jan 29 2004
By: iTR~ First Son 27 posts

Connecting ps2 to pc?

5 replies 0 views Edited Jan 29, 2004
Well ive been looking into buying a X-port for my ps2, but im still optimistic. I mean isnt it just basically a usb cable to the ps2 from your computer? You can download the Xport software off codejunkies.com so im wondering if i can just get an A to A usb cable, plug one end into my laptop, and the other end into the ps2?  Wouldnt there be more to it?

~B.O.B~
Bunch of Burnouts
http://bob.fragism.com
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3339 posts

Re: Connecting ps2 to pc?

Jan 29, 2004
Whats the point of connecting them?  I dont understand, sorry.,
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
782 posts

Jan 29, 2004

Better monitor, better graphics.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5764 posts

Jan 29, 2004
can u send some links to the website?,
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jan 29, 2004

,iTR wrote:
Well ive been looking into buying a X-port for my ps2, but im still optimistic. I mean isnt it just basically a usb cable to the ps2 from your computer? You can download the Xport software off codejunkies.com so im wondering if i can just get an A to A usb cable, plug one end into my laptop, and the other end into the ps2?  Wouldnt there be more to it?

You can't take an A to A usb cable and plug 1 end into something and the other into anything and expect them to communicate that's what Firewire's for ... I don't think they even make A to A usb cables to be honest, so there is more to that Xport than that.
PlayStation 2 games I am currently playing:
Madden NFL 2004, Need 4 Speed Underground, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Socom II, The Suffering
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confuscious say 'He who stands on toilet, high on pot'
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 30, 2004

,Joe Reefer wrote:

,iTR wrote:

You can't take an A to A usb cable and plug 1 end into something and the other into anything and expect them to communicate that's what Firewire's for ... I don't think they even make A to A usb cables to be honest, so there is more to that Xport than that.

true but I allready have the xport software, and the drivers... all you need is a connection
~B.O.B~
Bunch of Burnouts
http://bob.fragism.com
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (0 Views)
0 Likes