Mar 09 2002
By: WindWhisper~old Hekseville Citizen 365 posts

Concerning Playing Games on line with the PS2

4 replies 99 views Edited Mar 9, 2002
Has any one out there heard that Sony has no plans on charging it's players a fee for online gaming? Last night on CNN I seen a story from a Sony Exec. who said that the network adaptor would be out this August along with 12 new online games. He said there are no plans to charge players to play on line but none of the currnet games available will be able to be played on line. This has me thinking about FFXI because if they don't charge you to play it on line when released, is it going to be a playable game online at all? By the way, you will have to pay for your internet connection and the adaptor will be available for both standard and cable modems.

For an honest opinion, just ask!
For an honest opinion, just ask!
Message 1 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10015 posts

well, they are planing to charge an online fee... thats for sure for FFXI so dont go celebrating yet

Mar 9, 2002
nt = No Text

_______________________________________________,If you answer stupid answers, you'll get stupid questions....... or is it the other way around? Ah, forget it!,null,There's no stupid questions, there's just stupid people,null,email: yan_bizkit@hotmail.com,AIM: yanbizkit,null,-------------------------------,..____.....____.____.. ,..____|....|.........____|. ,.|.....____|........|____.. ,-------------------------------,PlayStation 2,null,*made by me and cult*

Socom FTB 2 Nickname: yanki
PSP MLB 06 The Show Nickname: yanki
Message 2 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
34444 posts

Only 1st and 2nd party games won't require a fee. 3rd party developers can charge whatever they want

Mar 9, 2002
nt = No Text

PSX_Cheatster,webmaster@gameasylum.net,null,Even though my rank reads "Hero"... I'm still a "Smarty Pants" at heart.,null,CODITO ERGO SUM
"Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start
Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart."
- Moldy Peaches
Message 3 of 5 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2146 posts

Sony won't charge, Square will -nt

Mar 9, 2002
nt = No Text

**UNDER CONSTRUCTION**
Message 4 of 5 (99 Views)