May 14 2013
By: Albert1285 Monster Hunter 42 posts

Where can I buy an original PS2 Slim lens? Please help what can I do now?

[ Edited ]
2 replies 293 views Edited May 14, 2013

Hello,

So I bought this PS2  (SCPH-90001) back in January 2012 on Amazon.com . Brand new , and of course slim series. Now February 2013, one year later,  I decided to play PS2 games again because I have a lot of games I want to replay or play for the first time, and it turns out my PS2 was having a lot of problems to read some games. I thought it was only that the lens might be dirty, so I cleaned it with a Q-tip, but it didn't fix anything; the problem continued. I had to disassemble it to see if I could find something that could be causing problems with lens reading my games which by the way are not scratched or dirty. I couldn’t find anything, so I checked on google.com and youtube, and ended up changing the lens.

After I changed the lens, I didn’t have problems at all, but that only lasted only 2 weeks. Then I have the same problem I had with the original lens. Then I bought another lens ,and yet again the problem appeared again. After that I bought another lens, it worked great, but that only lasted one month. So now I’m hopeless.  I just want to play with this PS2 again because I still do it. You know without Backwards Compatibility on the PS3 I have no other choice than to play with my PS2.

I’ve made an exhaustive research on this, and all I could find was that all of these lenses I bought on either amazon or ebay fail because they’re very cheap made in china, and they don’t have much quality. So yes what I need to do is to buy an original one, but I can’t find any store or something that sell these lens manufactured by the same Sony. So I was just wondering if anyone knows a store where I can buy the original PVR-802W/KHS-430 laser lens because I'm so sick of buying these horrible lens that work great for only few weeks that I have so many problems like taking forever to boot on the startup screen, forever loading times etc etc.

Plase if you know something about it let me know it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (293 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3927 posts

Re: Where can I buy an original PS2 Slim lens? Please help what can I do now?

May 15, 2013

Albert1285 wrote:

Hello,

So I bought this PS2  (SCPH-90001) back in January 2012 on Amazon.com . Brand new , and of course slim series. Now February 2013, one year later,  I decided to play PS2 games again because I have a lot of games I want to replay or play for the first time, and it turns out my PS2 was having a lot of problems to read some games. I thought it was only that the lens might be dirty, so I cleaned it with a Q-tip, but it didn't fix anything; the problem continued. I had to disassemble it to see if I could find something that could be causing problems with lens reading my games which by the way are not scratched or dirty. I couldn’t find anything, so I checked on google.com and youtube, and ended up changing the lens.

After I changed the lens, I didn’t have problems at all, but that only lasted only 2 weeks. Then I have the same problem I had with the original lens. Then I bought another lens ,and yet again the problem appeared again. After that I bought another lens, it worked great, but that only lasted one month. So now I’m hopeless.  I just want to play with this PS2 again because I still do it. You know without Backwards Compatibility on the PS3 I have no other choice than to play with my PS2.

I’ve made an exhaustive research on this, and all I could find was that all of these lenses I bought on either amazon or ebay fail because they’re very cheap made in china, and they don’t have much quality. So yes what I need to do is to buy an original one, but I can’t find any store or something that sell these lens manufactured by the same Sony. So I was just wondering if anyone knows a store where I can buy the original PVR-802W/KHS-430 laser lens because I'm so sick of buying these horrible lens that work great for only few weeks that I have so many problems like taking forever to boot on the startup screen, forever loading times etc etc.

No idea where you would buy "the lens Sony uses," but you could always just try buying a cheap broken down PS2, then take out it's lens and put it in yours.

I don't know how much they go for now, but when the PS3 came out you could find them pretty dirt cheap.

I own 2 extra PS2 consoles, besides my original one I got at launch. I keep them "just in case."

And I found them at garage sales for 20-30 bucks.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18888 posts

Re: Where can I buy an original PS2 Slim lens? Please help what can I do now?

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

Albert1285 wrote:

Hello,

This site may be of help to you...

http://store.richspsxparts.com/pl2latdforsc1.html

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (278 Views)
0 Likes