Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 07 2012
By: X36EMS First Son 6 posts

Newcomer with a problem...

1 replies 424 views Edited Mar 7, 2012

...I have a PS2 ('fat', 30000-series); it was given to me and included the Final Fantasy XI package with the 40GB hard drive.  I got a new-in-original-package network adaptor online for it (required to use the hard drive) and installed it, then hooked it up to my cable internet.  The adapter came with the version 2.5 setup disc; I ran the disc and everything seemed to work fine...until I went to register the network adaptor.  It went through the broadband setup OK, the upper right hand icon turned green and the screen said the connection was working, then I went into the registration process.  I entered all the information it asked for and went to where it asks if I wanted to send my registration information to the server.  After a considerable wait, it said 'online registration failed' and asked if I wanted to retry or register later.  I did the 'retry' a couple of times with the same result.  Now, this was this afternoon/evening (6 Mar, USA Eastern time), after Sunday's maintenance operation was supposedly finished,  Is there still some problem with the network servers, do I need a newer version of the network adaptor disc, or is there something else I need to be doing?...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (424 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Newcomer with a problem...

Mar 12, 2012

...update:  After doing a little research in the Support pages, it appears that registering the Network Adaptor is no longer an option. (Seeing that it's been out of production for some five years...) Attempts to read a topic related to 'Registering a Network Adaptor' bring up an error message 'Answer is no longer available'. You apparently just plug the critter in and go now...I was able to access the Square Enix network without difficulty and set up a FFXI account...so my 'registration problem' was definitely not anything at my end...just sounds like Sony isn't doing it anymore...

...meh...that's what happens when you 'inherit' older stuff...but I live in a place where older and newer technologies are allowed to peacefully coexist...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (424 Views)
0 Likes