May 20 2013
By: PhoenixAudubon First Son 2 posts

Can't Set My Clock Anymore

1 replies 130 views Edited May 20, 2013

Hello.  Recently, I moved, and when I unpacked my PlayStation2 (SCPH-50001) and turned it on...I noticed that none of the white lights were orbiting around the blue light like it used to.  Not only that, when I tried to set the clock, it is always stuck at 01/01/2000 12:00:00AM.  No matter how much I press on the arrow buttons, it immediately goes back to this time.  Is it broken?  Do I need to get a backwards-compatible PS3 now? (Non-snarky answers appreciated.):smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (130 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3765 posts

Re: Can't Set My Clock Anymore

May 21, 2013

PhoenixAudubon wrote:

Hello.  Recently, I moved, and when I unpacked my PlayStation2 (SCPH-50001) and turned it on...I noticed that none of the white lights were orbiting around the blue light like it used to.  Not only that, when I tried to set the clock, it is always stuck at 01/01/2000 12:00:00AM.  No matter how much I press on the arrow buttons, it immediately goes back to this time.  Is it broken?  Do I need to get a backwards-compatible PS3 now? (Non-snarky answers appreciated.):smileyindifferent:

I'm not sure what, but something may have been internally jarred / damaged during the move.

You could see if Sony can repair/replace it for you. Even though it is out of warranty they may be able to for a fee.

Go here if you want to pursue that option.

Otherwise, your only other options are to either fix it yourself (research/diagnose, buy parts, and repair it), hunt down and buy another PS2, or (as you asked) hunt down and buy a B/C PS3.

Which ever is least expensive / you are more comfortable doing will be the better option.

Good luck. I hope you get back to gaming in no-time.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (120 Views)
0 Likes