Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 07 2009
By: LB5Tyme Hekseville Citizen 286 posts

PataPon 2 presents..."Dr. HOPELESS"!!!

16 replies 28 views Edited May 7, 2009

Real Deal (Entry 1) 

Hello PataPon WORLD!!!  Dr. Hopeless here with the "REAL DEAL"!!!

And the REAL DEAL of the month (the year is still to early to say) IS PATAPON 2!!!  Now I was a little frustrated at wanting it like others on the 5th of this month and a little concerned about the DD format only for North America, but there is always a way to ENJOY this GREAT game!!!  And it sounds from reading multiple Patapon threads and forums that there are ALOT of people upset that other countries got a UMD version.  Well check this out...the 3 reasons that stand out are

1: Other countries have the UMD

2: We want the right to chose or I'm not getting it!!!

3: No re-sell / trade in value

This sounds like a cry mostly from children and I understand U want to pout and talk bad about the game (I have to ask my parents for funds and I'm probably in the "dog house" for asking for alot of stuff already or not doing good in school perhaps?!?) lol.  Now I understand the right to chose,  I agree with that altogether, but 4 those who are whining about "I got to get a or another memory card or "I don't have the ability to download the game due to no wi-fi access so I don't want the game...why go thru the trouble???"  Well my friends...PATIENCE is the key (and it's time upgrade your PSP)!!!

"I only got a 512 mb memory stick" or I got to make room on my 1/2/4 gb memory card!!! Sigh!!!"  STOP IT!!!  Memory cards are a decent price now a days.  An 4gb memstick from 2 years ago was the price an 8gb mem stick is today and I complained, but I got it and it saved me alot of hassle!!! Wi-fi is all over the place now, even in schools (get permission and do it on breaks or lunch, even after school)  Go to a coffee shop that provides wi-fi.  Believe U Me, that it took awhile to upgrade to a 4gb mem. stick myself  And if you want something that bad, try earning it from your parents or save up your money to get what you want for your PSP instead of blowing it on something dumb!!!  There's a recession folks, I know money is tight in some households.  Hey but U can also play it smart, do some "PS homework" for the games, hardware, firmware upgrades.  I have two birthdays my real one and BLACK FRIDAY( for those who don't know...the day after Thanksgiving)!!!

And about the no re-sell/trade in value.  I have mixed feelings about that.  Now Sony might have to reconsider some things about the DD format.  Yes you can get mutilple copies of your game in case your PSP/memoery stick gets damaged...GREAT!!!  But what if the game sucks and you want to return it, you can't...STINKS!!!  The DD format U can put multiple games on 1 memory stick without the hassle of carrying mutiple UMD's around and it saves on your PSP motor from BURNOUT...GREAT!!! With the DD format, UMD's will become scarce and U wll have less and less opportunities to "try-out" a used UMD at your local GS/EB Games store...STINKS!!!  So yeah, I'm happy with a frown of cautiousness about the situation!!!   

So hopefully SONY has heard your cries, but the way things are going in the world of PS, U may need to get 2 steps ahead or you'll be 1 step behind whining and talking bad about new technology and how you can't access it!!!

RK-AnT1_PaNSy_X IS READY 2 EXPOSE THE NOOB N U...!!!

Deal with IT or IT will deal with U!!!

Signed: ********** THE LAGG-SLAYER!!! ***********

THE PRESIDENT NEEDS ME AT THE WHITE HOUSE FOR ADV. STATEGIES!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (28 Views)
First Son
29 posts

Re: PataPon 2 presents..."Dr. HOPELESS"!!!

May 7, 2009

Maybe youre right, some people dont have access to wifi or dont have big memory sticks, but lets face it, DD its the future of the games, i believe that even when lots of people are complaining, me among them, we all will download it anyway, why? because its patapon 2, because we want to play it and because we wanna have fun with the multiplayer.

For the wifi access there are the starbucks, the movie theaters and even some mcdonalds, the memory stick can be a little tricky, but saving up money or doign chores to earn some works perfectly fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

May 7, 2009

well considering that PSP2 will not usse UMD (according to the rumors) its good that Sony got started on it with just PSP.

They probably picked Patapon 2 to be the guinea pig since the first one was one of the best game for PSP.

Sony said this was due to the piracy issue but I'm pretty sure people will find a way to rip the downloadable versions and distribute them as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

May 7, 2009
I like to see this thing as DD only, for people that only have like a half gig or less for a memory stick, no offense, stop being cheap. a simple 2 gig is enough to satisfy you and the many saved games you will have put on it. I should know I have a 4 gig. Now as for the no wifi thing, I can't say much, I got wifi and I'm covered, but I really do feel bad for those that can miss out on this, I heard you can download on computer though the PSN store and transfer files to your psp folder. Either way, seeing as the only country the has it DD, you should feel happy, as from what I read other are jealous of US! And what I have to hate is the people who are saying "don't buy it till they have it on UMD." Well your sir, are missing out because of arrogance or hardheadedness, you can't try knew things (of course this doesn't apply to people who actually can't buy it and download it). Kudos from me LB5Tyme.
Go Freaking Luigi

P.S. If you got Skype PM me with name.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

May 8, 2009

yea you can. You can go to PSN store on your computer and download the game from there..

download the Media Manager for PSP

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

May 8, 2009

that is way too excitement for me since i already got this game

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
{I.Am.A.W472M4CHIN3}.:{iSiiCkNeSs}.-.{Don't.H8.On.Da.Playa}:.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3272 posts

May 9, 2009
Uh. Wow. You're pathetic. That's all I have to say.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

May 11, 2009

Real Deal (Entry 2)

Alright ALRIGHT FOLKS let's CALM DOWN!!!  Here Dr. HOP3L3SS is HERE and I'm l'ing mao...why don't you do the same!!!  ANYHOO...my thread is to "ENLIGHTEN" anyone who has something "Negative" to say about the future process of UMD's to DD's and to also talk about PATAPON 1 &/or 2.  Well, let's start with the latter...I am half way thru the game (at SHOOKLE the plant) and I still haven't created no Mahopons (the magic pons), so I still have alot of work to do.  This game is like an onion...with layers and layers of goodness....If I focus in one area too long, I'll forget about the others area's that needs completing!!!  The replay value on this game is AWESOME!!!  (Oh and for the record...i'm just an animated, above-average, serious Gamer (especially when it comes to "Good 2 Great" games!!!)

Now for the Mini-games:

They are still a great part of the game, but has anyone noticed that FAH ZAKPON'S plant mini-game is way hardest mini-game of em'all!!!  It makes the Patapon 1 version look like child's play!!!  lmao  The only advice for that is, patience and don't get caught up in the music!!!

Now about the Umd's vs. DD...

Alright to settle this...if U want the Umd, import it stop fussing about how Sony has "broke your heart"!!!  Now U know that this is where Sony is heading...just like when the t.v.'s go from analog to digitial in June 2009.  I know what it is, kids, teens, adults get complacent (settled with the notion of not changing anything in their lives dramatically) and when change is to come alot of people get scared and talk bad about it.  It's O.K., people were scared when George Bush left office (not me, farewell party favors were sent out...lmao), but noticed how we embraced change with Pres. Obama...well Sony want's us to embrace change!  How hard is that?!?  Yeah U can B a rebel and say I'll buy up all the Umd's from here on out...but get ready "Gamers & Gamettes" because in the next couple of years we will be seeing a change in the PSP format that has to keep it's pace vs Nintendo DS...so it you want to keep it real...leave a msg,  if you want to B.S. you might as well move on to the next thread because I will NOT acknowledge PANSIES!!! lmao lmao lmao

The Dr. has prescribed U some knowledge...it's up to U to take it and make something good of it!!!

'Nuff said 4 NOW!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

May 12, 2009

StrykerOh7 wrote:
Uh. Wow. You're pathetic. That's all I have to say.

lol i am pathetic

Message Edited by iSiiCkNeSs on 05-11-2009 07:53 PM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
{I.Am.A.W472M4CHIN3}.:{iSiiCkNeSs}.-.{Don't.H8.On.Da.Playa}:.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

May 14, 2009

Real Deal (Entry #3)

Hello Pataponians!!!  Dr. HOP3L3SS is here with the "Real Deal"!!!  And the the R.D. is the PATAGATE!!!  Can U tell the difference of difficulty set on these levels (and I'm not talking about racing the clock, but the "just timings")  Yeah, that element gives this game a nice twist!!!

Here's a doozy...I let my game go into sleep mode every since the demo and I am currently 1/2 way thru the game, sitting on 411:48:10!!!  Yeah buddy...that's how we roll!!! lmao 

On a more serious note...Sony can U please drop a on-line mode to play with other players on-line from all over the world.  That would give this game (an INSTANT CLASSIC!!!) the re-play value similiar to Killzone Liberation (the on-line mode is what 2 1/2 - 3 years on PSP).  I'm looking for players for ad-hoc, but to no avail...(Food For Thought).

Until next time...

Don't let your Pata's get Ponned!!!  lmao 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (28 Views)
0 Likes