First Son
8 posts

Re: Problem with PAIN Abusement Park - AREA NOT FULLY RENDERED, CAUSES FREEZING

Dec 29, 2008

I hadn't played in a few months. When I went to play on the 24th, I had a system software update first. When that completed I had a very large PAIN update, which I believe is where they send all the files to you for the new levels if you haven't already bought/downloaded them.

Did anyone else have a system update then a pain update just before they bought the new level?

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 29, 2008

...yeah, I had the big update right after i've downloaded and installed the Pain download from the store... the problem seems to be only with new customers, those who got it before the update seems ok...

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 29, 2008
I am having this problem as well... just purchased my PS3 and downloaded this item within the last couple weeks, any news on the developers being made aware of this bug?
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 29, 2008

I finally got a reponse from Sony consumer services about getting a refund for the purchase of this game. In a nut shell I was told to go pound sand. Since the TOS states that no refunds will be issued for PSN purchases. Well I do agree with the policy I think in this case it's faulty and underhanded because I paid for a product that they have not delivered. It's not like I purchased, downloaded and everything was fine, and I changed my mind. The product is broken all be it mostly likely temporary it is broken. I believe I and those affected by this deserve some kind of compensation in the form of a refund so that our trust in Sony and the PSN electronic download system can be restored.

To those who scoff and say it's  only 5 dollars no big deal. No big deal indeed but what if it had been a newer game, one let's say in the 20 to 30 dollar range? Would we be so inclined to accept this from a multi million if not billion dollar a year corporation? 

This kind of delivery system for games is the future but who would be happy to download and pay good money if their purchases are not guaranteed? I know that it will be sometime before I purchase a game from the PSN store. The reponse from Sony is completely generic and uncaring and I have lost alot of respect for the company.

And just in case anyone thinks that I'm not a dedicated Sony supporter. I have owned and still own  a PSONE, PS2, PSP, and most recently the PS3. In addition I have 3 Sony televisions and god knows how many VCR's (most collecting dust) because they've been replaced by Sony Blu-ray players. I usually buy Sony because thier service over the years has always been second to none, the quality of thier offerings is top notch.

I find it strange that Sony would treat it's gamers this way? Perhaps they think we're all just a bunch of kids an annoyance that will fade. They are wrong and I will persue this matter further by submitting a written corespondance to Sony. Hopefully once my letter is read by human eyes and responded to by human hand I will get the results I seek and I will hopefully bring to light this gap in Sony customer service.

I know this post is more rant than help to those affected and I'm sorry for this but I just had to vent somewhere. If you're getting the bum rush from Sony's PSN customer service write them or call and don't stop until you get what you are entitled to. A working video game for your hard earned money, or your hard earned money BACK!

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 29, 2008

Starwind_Amada wrote:

So how do we get the Sony techs to fix this? We paid money for a broken product. If they don't do anything, we have the right to take legal action against them. Everyone needs to call them and make it known that there is a widespread problem, and if they deny it, something will need to be done. If the mods delete this thread, that just shows that they have chosen to ignore the problem and we will have to make an acknowledgment of this shady business practice. I'm going to call on Monday and if the tech guy says he doesn't know anything about it, I'm gonna give him hell. I'm not taking this lying down. If it was free, I wouldn't care, but no, I paid five bucks for this crap. I don't care if it's a small amount, five bucks is still money (although some woman did give me a five dollar tip today at work for no reason).

Heh, you know what, maybe I shouldn't care because of that tip. I'm still ticked off, though. 

AMEN!!! I agree!  I just downloaded it and SAME Problem.  I want my money back or I want a patch.  SONY ARE YOU THERE?!?!?!?!?!?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 118 (3 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Dec 29, 2008
I also have this problem.Contacted Sony customer support and after several calls was told they are aware of this problem & that the file was corrupt due 2 heavy traffic on the servers.The only advice I was given was to try 2 re dl the file today & they would contact me when the prob was fixed ( although he never asked me 4 any info -name,psn id,email address etc.) No reimbursement or compensation just seems like they have a too bad 4 u we already have your money attitude.
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 29, 2008

AMEN!!! I agree!  I just downloaded it and SAME Problem.  I want my money back or I want a patch.  SONY ARE YOU THERE?!?!?!?!?!?

My guess we will ahve to wait after holidays for this fix... the programmers need to come back to work...

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 29, 2008

I have exactly the same problem! I downloaded it on December 27, and I downloaded the Pain Movie Studios which works just fine, but the amusement park has just a few obejects scattered here and there and some of the carnival rides, but all that is incased in an ifinite white abyss. This cost me $5.99 which is not much but this pisses the hell out of me! I want a refund or a patch before mid January for this corrupted piece of crap. I have uninstaled the entire game twice, and redownloaded it, and still its just the amusement park that is corrupted its not my PS3. When I download games from Xbox Live there way faster to download, even when there 500MB larger than Pain. And Xbox Live has never gave me any problemes. Microsoft beats Sony!!!!!! At least when it comes down to quality.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 29, 2008
not sure about anyone else but sony admitted to me they knew their was a problem & the file was corrupt & continued to sell it anyway that has to be a violation of the consumer protection act.
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3539 posts

Dec 29, 2008
i bought the add on today too, and when i start it up all i can see is moving objects and white all over, when i fall to the ground i keep falling, psn had a lot of problems lateley, trphys not syncing, you couldt compare throphies. what is going on i spent 6 bucks and its not fully working
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 118 (3 Views)
0 Likes