Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Re: PAIN = Utter Rip-off!

Sep 8, 2010

In order to not get bored of this game in 10min, you need to buy the new levels, which I agree, is a scam.. Nickle and diming suckas all day.

Message 61 of 69 (697 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
980 posts

Sep 9, 2010
Wow ...so you finished downtown in 10 min ? thats funny i dont see your name at the top of any of the leaderboards , but anyway im not going to waste time by telling anybody they should like this we all have games that doesnt suit , but i do however think some corrections have to be made . first , this game started out much smaller than it is now . all the content you see is mostly DLC that they have added over the years , with the exception of downtown . second yes some trophies are linked to dlc , but this was by the communities request for more trophies , and linking trophies to dlc is the only way they can do so . I can understand how it looks to the new person coming into the game , but it's not taking advantage of anyone . their damned if they do and damned if they dont . if they dont add trophies , then their accused of "not listening " to the community . if your bored within ten min you didnt even try ... although i will agree . downtown is not the best starter enviro . but thats what they started with BTW supposedly , they are thinking about providing a free enviro . no confirmed yes at this time . but anyway ... iv been playing it quite awhile ... and im hardly a trophy **bleep** and i think it's worth every penny.
" As much as I would like for people to communicate and use their mics it will never happen. Party chat insured that. " - as stated in a xbox forum concerning with cross game chat ruining team oriented gaming..... becarefull what you wish for .
Message 62 of 69 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
725 posts

Sep 9, 2010

I'm still trying to see why you're saying Pain costs $90? Did you pull that number out of your butt? I just counted $70 max from the PS store, but even you said that most if not all of the $.99 characters aren't needed, so that knocks price down quite a bit.

I think Pain is a pretty cool game, and it's quite funny too. I do have a small issue with the pain labs, because sometimes I'm not sure how to do the objective. For example, When it had the two glass buildings, that was quite confusing. But it's still a cool game.

Message 63 of 69 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Oct 16, 2010

It would be much more proper if they just patched new stuff in for people who bought Pain. The thing that bugs me the most is that even if you don't own the content you have to download it which makes home absurdly huge. Then when you buy something it's just a 100 k unlock. 

Message 64 of 69 (697 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
980 posts

Oct 17, 2010
@ Codename42Rebrth , .... im afraid i dont quite catch what your saying. yes when you first purchase pain , the dl is quite lengthy , i think it goes through about 7 updates , but the good thing is you can dl in portions and just continue where you left off in the update process ... my only guess it's a form of version controll . but once you have the game , the updates dont take long . home ??? and if you dont own the content ... how are you dll'ing ?????
" As much as I would like for people to communicate and use their mics it will never happen. Party chat insured that. " - as stated in a xbox forum concerning with cross game chat ruining team oriented gaming..... becarefull what you wish for .
Message 65 of 69 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Oct 19, 2010
Even if you don't own all the characters or the levels they are still included in the patch hence why the updates are massive...even though you can;t play with a character because you haven't bought them what would happen if you played online with someone who had bought them?

Your PS3 needs to know what to do hence why you download everything...
Message 66 of 69 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Dec 2, 2010

I wish i had see this before i had bought this game! the OP has it right.

Message 67 of 69 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Dec 14, 2010

I have to agree with the above post. I've had it since just after it launched (free voucher with PS3 purchase). I've tried to play it so many times, but cannot see much enjoyment. Plus it's a huge file even without DLC that takes up room for games like Wipeout and PixelJunk. Maybe I am unable to see the enjoyment and maybe I'm missing something, but I'd rather buy a burger at a restaurant...yeah only get to use it once, but at least I'll enjoy it.

Message 68 of 69 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4624 posts

Jan 7, 2011

You don't have to pay for the DLC at all. Its like Burnout Paradise. It has a lot of DLC; doesn't mean you have to buy it.

Photobucket
Message 69 of 69 (697 Views)
0 Likes