Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3399 posts

Re: PAIN = Utter Rip-off!

Feb 8, 2010

haha you decided to buy it...without doing research, or looking at gameplay/review videos..so its basically your lost...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 69 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1463 posts

Feb 8, 2010
it's a really old game, when it was first released way back when it was just the 1 level with the 4 different layouts for 10 bucks, what's the big deal that they decided to keep on expanding the experience for those who liked it
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 69 (356 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1368 posts

Feb 8, 2010
I can't believe no one has mentioned that this tosser (like the pun?) is likely not even capable of earning the trophies in Pain anyway.  It's one of the harder games out there.
cirkustanz
Metroidvania is my favorite style of game...Would love a sequel to Harmony of Despair!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 69 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Feb 8, 2010

Of course this tosser isn't capable of earning the trophies for PAIN.....................because most of them require the purchase of a lot of DLC! No thanks.

If you spent $90 to do that then good for you. I guess not agreeing with nickel and dime marketing makes me a tosser now!

Anyhow, nuff said. Not worth $10 and definitely not worth $90. If you haven't bought it yet don't waste your money. There's plenty of better games on the PSN Store for the same price and even less.

Message Edited by Kiltron999 on 02-07-2010 07:42 PM
"I still have an Atari 2600 from 1980 that has never went bad!"
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 69 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3035 posts

Feb 8, 2010

Kiltron999 wrote:

Period!

I'm not shelling out over $90 for a full game experience. There aren't even AAA games on the market for that price. You stole my $10, that's all you get.......ever!

I know what you mean total rip

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 69 (356 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1368 posts

Feb 8, 2010

You are complaining about not being able to obtain trophies in the game because you are too poor to buy the add ons.  Woopty-freaking-doo.

Waaaah waaaah waaaaah waaaah waaaaaah 

cirkustanz
Metroidvania is my favorite style of game...Would love a sequel to Harmony of Despair!
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 69 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
642 posts

Feb 8, 2010
When they patched the trophies they changed the entire game, like the OP stated you pretty much need to buy DLC to unlock some of the areas that were available with the initial game. Thats the reason I stopped playing after the patch, it wiped my save and made me start over I only bought a few bits of DLC though so no big loss to me.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 69 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4117 posts

Feb 8, 2010

I bought pain when it first came out, wasn't impressed.

Why would I waste more money on the add ons if the base version felt incomplete? 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 69 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Feb 8, 2010
$90 is not alot for a game these days, even tho it's a dl game, take a look at the halo/rockband/guitar hero and other arcade or heavy dlc games, if you like the game then support the company and the greatest thing your playing on a FREEEEE online service, just my 2 cents, this game is a blast and have bought everything, characters included.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicProud owner= Sony PS3 60/500 slim
Motorstorm-Heavenly sword-Drakes fortune-Darkness-Oblivion GOTY-R&C TOD-NFSPS-COD4-Assasins creed-Burnout Paradise and many more
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 69 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Feb 8, 2010

$90?  Obviously, you didn't bother to do simple math.  You can get all the PAIN content (and all associated trophies) for around $45 total.  If you buy everything (additional multiplayer modes and all characters), it's maybe around $65 max.  You can do without most characters, so really it's less than normal retail games and personally, I've gotten more hours out of this game than any retail game I've played.

You can get a number of trophies without buying any additional add-on content.  This post explains what you can get with each environment.  http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=pain&thread.id=4099

The add-on content works pretty much the same as any other PSN title, you have to buy it to get their associated trophies.  This is nothing new, PAIN is just an extreme example because they've added a lot of content over 2 1/2 years.  Most other games get one or two add-ons and that's it.

Downtown is not "one level" just because it takes place on the same map.  There are 5 different sandbox modes, 4 different Fun With Explosive modes, 4 Mime Toss modes, 4 Spank the Monkey modes and 2 multiplayer modes (Bowling & Horse).  Unlock and play each of them and you'll realize there is plenty of content in the core game.  There are dozens on in-game trophies to unlock as well as free online play.  It's easily worth $10.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 69 (356 Views)
0 Likes