Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 15 2009
By: timateez First Son 2 posts

psp wont turn on and wont charge

4 replies 153 views Edited Dec 15, 2009
I bought a used psp slim and the kid I got it from said he was charging it and when it was done it wouldnt turn on. The charge light wont come on when plugged in. Strangely enough I got it to turn on about three times while plugged in but the battery low sign was flashing. It worked and played fine until I unplugged it at which point it shut off. While it was on I left it over night hoping the battery would charge but no luck It turned off as soon as I unplugged it.I bought a new battery but it still wont turn on. I used a different charger from my  psp fat and still no power no charge. The last time it was on while plugged in, It flashed the low batterry sign and turned off on its own. Both chargers work fine on my  psp fat. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how to fix it?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Re: psp wont turn on and wont charge

Dec 15, 2009

timateez wrote:
I bought a used psp slim and the kid I got it from said he was charging it and when it was done it wouldnt turn on. The charge light wont come on when plugged in. Strangely enough I got it to turn on about three times while plugged in but the battery low sign was flashing. It worked and played fine until I unplugged it at which point it shut off. While it was on I left it over night hoping the battery would charge but no luck It turned off as soon as I unplugged it.I bought a new battery but it still wont turn on. I used a different charger from my  psp fat and still no power no charge. The last time it was on while plugged in, It flashed the low batterry sign and turned off on its own. Both chargers work fine on my  psp fat. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how to fix it?

Sounds like the battery charging unit in the psp has gone bad. Hope you didnt pay much for it. One of the reasons i gont buy used systems. You never know what problems the previous owner had and it might have been the reason why he wanted to get rid of it. Buying new means it can be exchanged if something goes wrong in the warrenty period.
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 15, 2009

What is the fix for a bad charging unit?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Dec 15, 2009
u cant fix it
I AM THE BEST AND U R THE BEAST
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Dec 16, 2009

timateez wrote:

What is the fix for a bad charging unit?

Ether you play the psp wile its always plugged into a wall socket, or send the psp to sony to fix and pay the $90 repair fee.
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (153 Views)
0 Likes