Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Re: people who think dd is all that

Feb 10, 2010

I think everyone here pretty much has it right.  Physical media is not going away anytime soon, but DD is the way of the future.  While reading this thread I stopped to think how little physical media I buy anymore.  For music I buy MP3s.  For books I buy ebooks for my Kindle.  Now for games I'm starting to buy from the PS Store. The only physical media I buy anymore are Blu-ray discs and the occasional Wii game (only because Nintendo's online offerings suck).  

I understand the disadvantages of DD, but for me the advantages far outweigh them.

Message 11 of 34 (13 Views)
Gaming Beast
2247 posts

Re: Re: people who think dd is all that

Feb 10, 2010
I pay $80 a month. I get 15mbps. Max 1tb a month. I don't "lease" my games, as my i.q. is over 12. I don't drink from the toilet bowl either though. If you're not backing up your games, you're not intelligent enough to use DD. Go back to drawing on your cave walls. I suggest not using feces. Good color, smells horrible.
Message 12 of 34 (13 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Re: Re: people who think dd is all that

Feb 10, 2010

bayn32 wrote:
I pay $80 a month. I get 15mbps. Max 1tb a month. I don't "lease" my games, as my i.q. is over 12. I don't drink from the toilet bowl either though. If you're not backing up your games, you're not intelligent enough to use DD. Go back to drawing on your cave walls. I suggest not using feces. Good color, smells horrible.

Nice speed I can get up to 12mb on dsl but I bet it would cost way more than I'm willin to pay(no more than a $100).

If they didn't clamp down on dd so much I would like it more, sending broken psp's or ps3's for deactivaction(so you don't loose your account) is jus dumb.

Message Edited by p4s2p0 on 02-10-2010 01:06 PM
Message 13 of 34 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2247 posts

Re: Re: Re: people who think dd is all that

Feb 10, 2010
You can send your "broken" Psp in for repair/deactivation. For approx. $90 Sony will send you a refurb. I have had 3 Psn activated Psp, and have had 0 problems. I tend to take exquisite care of my expensive devices. And since I've spent nearly a grand on the Psn, I consider $90 a pittance. I love my Psn account. And I treat it as such.
Message 14 of 34 (13 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Re: Re: Re: people who think dd is all that

Feb 10, 2010

bayn32 wrote:
You can send your "broken" Psp in for repair/deactivation. For approx. $90 Sony will send you a refurb. I have had 3 Psn activated Psp, and have had 0 problems. I tend to take exquisite care of my expensive devices. And since I've spent nearly a grand on the Psn, I consider $90 a pittance. I love my Psn account. And I treat it as such.

But I have a gamestop warranty I spend $10 a yr on. If sony didn't require me to send it in to them before exchaning in at gamestop it would save me money and save me time. Spending $90 to protect (PSN) what you shouldn't have to sounds even crazier.

I take care of my stuff too never droped or anything my 3000 still only lasted 3-4 mons

Message Edited by p4s2p0 on 02-10-2010 01:17 PM
Message 15 of 34 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2247 posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: people who think dd is all that

Feb 10, 2010
Firstly, Gamestop is e-vil. I didn't get a warranty (external), I have one that came with it. Why waste money? And, I've never had to send my Psp to Sony for any reason. But, $90 to protect $860, AND I get a new (refurbished) Psp? Hell, I'd do it if my screen got too scratched. Even if there was no Psn.
Message 16 of 34 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1003 posts

Feb 10, 2010

bayn32 wrote:
Firstly, Gamestop is e-vil. I didn't get a warranty (external), I have one that came with it. Why waste money? And, I've never had to send my Psp to Sony for any reason. But, $90 to protect $860, AND I get a new (refurbished) Psp? Hell, I'd do it if my screen got too scratched. Even if there was no Psn.

while i agree gamestop is evil, but only in buying games, and ingnorant employees, but their warrenty are the best (like bestbuy/walmart), 10$ to get the warrenty if anything happens they give you a "New" one free/no question asked right then and there. With Sony you are require to have your receipt? and if you are still under warrenty you pay 90$ (if not i think you pay more) so that 100$+ plus about a month(or two) of waiting to ship/return your psp, and not only that you get a used refurebished one which means Sony fixed it themselves, but nothing in that console is New...not the battery/screen/hardware/memory, unless said was broken to begin with, other than that you are getting a Used Psp Go! that was fixed that may be even worst than the one you sent in. 

iTofuMan Trophy Card

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 34 (13 Views)
Wastelander
662 posts

Feb 10, 2010

There is a market for DD.

There is a market for Physical Delivery.

These markets will grow and shrink based upon consumer demand.

Your example of not having a fast internet connection limiting your ability to buy DD would be like me providing an example of someone that doesn't live close to a game store not being able to buy physical games.  It happens.

I use both:

DD - bought a game at 12am the other day.

Physical - I pre-ordered Dnate's Infereno on PSP.

Message 18 of 34 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Feb 10, 2010

bayn32 wrote:

I don't consider $10 a yr waste one time I accidentally sat on my psp and cracked the screen gamestop replaced it no problem , sony probably would have charged me $90 thats saving me money. Besides I am always under warranty with gamestop, sony(doesn't cover everything) warranty ends after a yr if you break it ater that you have to buy another or spend $90 from sony

All that to protect psn is why I still like umd more than dd, I can't image lossing $1000's because of sony, I'm still kinda scared to spend any real amount on dd. I already lost account once good thing I had spent that much yet

Message Edited by p4s2p0 on 02-10-2010 02:46 PM
Message 19 of 34 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2247 posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: people who think dd is all that

Feb 11, 2010
Simply put, I cannot convince you to see things my way. If your Gamestop doesn't have your model, you are screwed. Unless you like travel. And I hardly consider sitting on your Psp "taking good care of it". But, I use the Psn. And my $860 investment is AWESOME! Do you get multiple copies when you buy ONE? I am buying a new Psp with taxes. I get 3 copies EVERY time I buy a game. Case closed.
Message 20 of 34 (13 Views)
0 Likes