Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
550 posts

Re: Would you buy PSP if PS3 can play its games?

Nov 14, 2003
The PSP is meant for playing games on the run. What would be the point of getting downgraded games on the PS3 anyways.
Cool Website: http://vip.netsurf.ru/browse/?r=68175
Message 11 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Nov 17, 2003

,Gateman1997 wrote:

,VNickster wrote:

How come no cell technology anymore? Didnt Sony spenda  bunch of money to get al the cell technology sht. Why would they scrap it after all that work. Is there an article on a site or somethign that says that. And why would PS3 and N5 use Power PC chips, those are from MACS arent they.

http://www.n-philes.com/php/epyllkafevayffkvkpk.php

It was also posted on Yahoo yesterday. It seems to me that Sony didn't want to wait for cell any longer. That's not to say it won't go in computers and other electronics, but the next gen of game systems is coming in 05 and Sony doesn't want to be late. And Power PC chips are already in the GCN albiet modified, so this isn't a new idea... however using the top of the line in both is a new one as the GCN didn't have the top of the line. It seems from the two articles that MS may be the odd man out this time.

I think thats a bette ridea than the cell tech anyway. I think Sony is going to perfect the cell for now and use it in the PS4. I think for right now power over living breathing learning chips is better.

SUPAHFLY865
IS
MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE MADE MY SIG
Message 12 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
794 posts

Nov 17, 2003

,Gateman1997 wrote:

,VNickster wrote:

How come no cell technology anymore? Didnt Sony spenda  bunch of money to get al the cell technology sht. Why would they scrap it after all that work. Is there an article on a site or somethign that says that. And why would PS3 and N5 use Power PC chips, those are from MACS arent they.

http://www.n-philes.com/php/epyllkafevayffkvkpk.php

It was also posted on Yahoo yesterday. It seems to me that Sony didn't want to wait for cell any longer. That's not to say it won't go in computers and other electronics, but the next gen of game systems is coming in 05 and Sony doesn't want to be late. And Power PC chips are already in the GCN albiet modified, so this isn't a new idea... however using the top of the line in both is a new one as the GCN didn't have the top of the line. It seems from the two articles that MS may be the odd man out this time.

I don't believe it, I refuse to.  Maybe if it was a suit from Sony who said it, but it's a suit from IBM making the press release.  Nvidia did the same thing.  They anounced that they're working on a chip for PS3 and were in talks with Sony over a contract.  Sony has little to no intention of using a Nvidia chip because it would bring cost up and Sony would rather build the chip themsleves and save money.  Nividia just made the anouncement because they already lost deals with Nintendo and Microsoft to ATI.

Another thing is that Sony hasn't locked in 2005 for the PS3 release.  They're thinking about a '05 release, but if the PS2 is still selling strong, then why ruin a good thing with a new system.  So we might not see the PS3 untill 2006 or even 2007, which is when alot of people think the cell technology will be ready.

Message 13 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 17, 2003
I would buy it because i travel alot and sit in waiting rooms so that will rock if i didn't have to take the other thing.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 14 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
794 posts

Nov 17, 2003
lol, I forgot to answer the origional question. If the PS3 played PSP games, I would only buy the PS3 because I don't travel a lot
Message 15 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
420 posts

Nov 20, 2003
Me buying the psp depends on it abality to mp3's and it price.
Message 16 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1679 posts

Nov 21, 2003

That Couldnt be true. PSP uses a UMD and PS3 uses a Blu-Ray Disc. The blu-ray disc is the same size as a DVD/CD while umd is the size of a minidisc. They will be able to hook up together, though, like GBA & Gamecube.

0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2520 posts

Nov 21, 2003
,MmanLA wrote:

That Couldnt be true. PSP uses a UMD and PS3 uses a Blu-Ray Disc. The blu-ray disc is the same size as a DVD/CD while umd is the size of a minidisc. They will be able to hook up together, though, like GBA & Gamecube.,

We aren't expecting to put the UMD in the disc tray.  We are talking about if the PS3 has a built in PSP Player.  Like the Game Boy Player is to the GameCube.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Wupideedoo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IN NEED OF MEMBERS! Fanboy free forums can be found here.
Message 18 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1679 posts

Nov 24, 2003
oh
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Dec 25, 2005
bump,

iv'e received $700 worth of stuff for free. and with the two upcoming things( 360 and $300). that will be doubled. YES I GET FREE STUFF!
Message 20 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes