Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 25 2009
By: arnoldmcguire335 Wastelander 717 posts

Who's to blame upon the PSP not getting enough buys?

9 replies 18 views Edited Sep 25, 2009

I'm currnetly saying this because in NA, the PSP is having a difficult time to get some things to US players, like, No carnival colors, not much games, less things for everyone, something, well the Europe has now.

so the question is:

WHO'S TO BLAME FOR THE PSP'S WEAKNESS IN NORTHERN AMERICA?

I can think of one reason... *breaks a DS/DSi with the Goldion Hammer with a fit*

Photobucket
Plats so far: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2, Hannah Montana The Movie, Another Century's Episode R.
Message 1 of 10 (18 Views)
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Re: Who's to blame upon the PSP not getting enough buys?

Sep 25, 2009

I don't think it comes down to what you have or have not done! In the EU things cost more for instance food, property, and electrical goods. Factor in the cost of living and on average in the uk we pay a third more for everything and are taxed heavily. The only way sony can get people to buy is to make the product line desireable. Also piracy may pay it's part there are so many units of hardware shipped to the US territories each year since the original launch. Factor in the amount of games sold and sony can work out were piracy is more previelent. This is just a theory so no hard evidence. I think the average US psp player I have met when online and on non-official forums downloads their games for free(piracy).

HF

Message 2 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
353 posts

Sep 25, 2009

In my opinion i say Sony, and for 1 thing they dont do to the psp....Advertise, I barely see ANY ads for the psp(game-wise & system-wise Bundle included) the only ads i have seen were for:

God Of War(both bundle and game)

Madden (both bundle and game)

Hanna Montana (Bundle)

Final Fantasy Dissidia (Game)

And there might be one more but ya rarely do i see commericals for anything related to the psp its sad they (sony) shouldnt expect people to just find out what product are comming out just out of the blue show some advertisment. Heck even in store Gamestop/Wal-mart barely shows anything related to psp unless  its something that big named already (Final Fantasy) The only places i have seen to show any signs of "Love" for the psp is this one Import store i go to. They make there own banners for games comming out, have midnight releases, and sometimes give out bonus for buying a game.

If sony showed signs that the psp exist and gave some companies thing to give out (poster or banners) i can guarantee it would be better.

------SIG------

Not Changing My Sig Till Rival Schools Is On The Psn!
Message 3 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1621 posts

Sep 25, 2009
i read an interview where a guy asked sony this. he answered it very well. basically there are a lot of legal problems with trying to get things on there. for the game as well as any music that is used or if its an adaptation of a movie you need to approve the licensing. sopposedly from what other threads are saying is that on next weeks update we will be getting around 300-700 new games added (the number greatly varies by the post)
Message 4 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Sep 25, 2009
Sony is part blame and Nintendo is even more to blame. Sony's fault is the lack of advertisements. Nintendo's fault is over advertising the DS/DSi. But then again thats still Sony's fault for under advertising. So Sony is to Blame for everything. 
we need FF: dissidia on PSN SONY!!!!!!!!!
Owner of maybe both:
()
(+ +)PSP GO= Bluetooth

(++)PSP K = UMD
Sony isnt doing a good job of convincing me to keep wanting the go.
"By no means is one inferior to the other. They are just two SKU's for you the consumer to choose from." RedArmy93
Message 5 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Sep 25, 2009

astralfear wrote:
Sony is part blame and Nintendo is even more to blame. Sony's fault is the lack of advertisements. Nintendo's fault is over advertising the DS/DSi. But then again thats still Sony's fault for under advertising. So Sony is to Blame for everything. 

I woudn't blame SCE for it. they're just a bit lazy to do advertising. their focus now is to "Kill" the Wii, DS later.

Still, I hate Ninty for stealing children away from the PS family today because they were jealous in the time of the PS1 and PS2.

Message Edited by arnoldmcguire335 on 09-25-2009 12:11 PM
Photobucket
Plats so far: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2, Hannah Montana The Movie, Another Century's Episode R.
Message 6 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

Sep 25, 2009

arnoldmcguire335 wrote:

I'm currnetly saying this because in NA, the PSP is having a difficult time to get some things to US players, like, No carnival colors, not much games, less things for everyone, something, well the Europe has now.

so the question is:

WHO'S TO BLAME FOR THE PSP'S WEAKNESS IN NORTHERN AMERICA?

I can think of one reason... *breaks a DS/DSi with the Goldion Hammer with a fit*

We have plenty of good games, review the library and you'll see

Yes, you can play with them. :smileywink:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2160 posts

Sep 25, 2009
There seems to be plenty of games, im not sure of any shortage of sales. Right now its seems the economy is awfull slow.
Message 8 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Sep 25, 2009

rxpapi12 wrote:

We have plenty of good games, review the library and you'll see

Like I mentioned, it's not just the games. the peripherals, the colors, that's what Europe has now and what NA don't have. Europe has two of the Carnival colors.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Sep 26, 2009
Its not doing that bad nearly everyone I know has one. Why does it not do that good in NA? Because about 70% of Americans are idiots and care less about tech specs and making informed decisions. If a star like something it sells. Ex:Wii, DS
Message 10 of 10 (18 Views)
0 Likes