Dec 02 2009
By: LFDog Wastelander 662 posts

Thanks everyone - I think I will get one of them 'thar "GO"'s

6 replies 14 views Edited Dec 2, 2009

Okay.  After reading a bunch of notes and such - I think I'll go ahead and get the GO (no pun intended).  I'm not 100% sure why - as there isn't any one compelling reason for it, but something about the sliding screen and the fact that people that own them seem to think it is a quality built product makes me think I will enjoy it.

I have a Star Wars PSP2000 unit and a Rock Band 3000 unit (although you can't see anything special about it) - so a GO will sit well in my collection.

I need to find an old 1000 to replace the one I had that was stolen and I'll be all set

As for games, I seem to be downloading the retro games and buying the UMD's for anything new.  That works for me.  What I would really like to see (if Sony is listening) is a "cloud" on the internet where I could store my game saves and then pull them onto whatever system I happen to have in my hand at the time.  However, I don't suppose they expect people to have multiple systems. 

Message 1 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Re: Thanks everyone - I think I will get one of them 'thar "GO"'s

Dec 2, 2009

Sounds good LFDog

Enjoy your Go!

PS3, It's Even More Fun Time (:

PS3 Trophies
Message 2 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Dec 2, 2009
One more for the good guys.
- Militantly Go. -
Message 3 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
382 posts

Dec 2, 2009
At some point you gotta realize that the latest version of something isn't necessarily better
Message 4 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 2, 2009

I have 2 psp 2000's and bought a PSP Go. It has a few new features that are really nice.

It can connect to bluetooth devices. It still has a built in mic but you can use a bluetooth headset for skype and for the psp's sound.

It can be tethered to a cell phone and use the phone as a modem however (cell phone company charge's extra for this even if you have unlimited internet data plan) So you might want to check before you tether it to your phone.

You can also connect a ps3 controller to the psp to play games and also control all other psp functions while the psp is closed. (have to have a ps3 to get controller paired up with the psp) You may have already known all this but I decided to post just in case because I dont think Sony has really emphasized these new features.

I just wish there was more psp and ps1 games on the ps store. Guess that will come over time though.

Message 5 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
542 posts

Dec 2, 2009

LFDog wrote:

Okay.  After reading a bunch of notes and such - I think I'll go ahead and get the GO (no pun intended).  I'm not 100% sure why - as there isn't any one compelling reason for it, but something about the sliding screen and the fact that people that own them seem to think it is a quality built product makes me think I will enjoy it.

I have a Star Wars PSP2000 unit and a Rock Band 3000 unit (although you can't see anything special about it) - so a GO will sit well in my collection.

I need to find an old 1000 to replace the one I had that was stolen and I'll be all set

As for games, I seem to be downloading the retro games and buying the UMD's for anything new.  That works for me.  What I would really like to see (if Sony is listening) is a "cloud" on the internet where I could store my game saves and then pull them onto whatever system I happen to have in my hand at the time.  However, I don't suppose they expect people to have multiple systems. 

You know you can't play UMDs on the PSP Go right?

Message 6 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Dec 2, 2009

RedPyramidThing wrote:
At some point you gotta realize that the latest version of something isn't necessarily better

I take it you've never heard of Charles Darwin...

- Militantly Go. -
Message 7 of 7 (14 Views)