Feb 24 2010
By: MuffynTop Lombax Warrior 107 posts

So how much does Sony charge to replace the PSP Go battery???

13 replies 2390 views Edited Feb 24, 2010

As you all may or may not know, Lithium ion batteries chemically degrade over time. Even if you keep them unused on a shelf in a year or 2 they won't hold 100%, they will go down to 80% but still show 100%.

Anyways the PSP- Go has a 1 year warranty, If you are out of Warranty what does a simple battery swap cost???

And as a suggestion, even if your battery is ok, I suggestst Opening up a service ticket with Sony so you can send in your PSP-Go and have its battery tested and replaced. That way you get an extra one 1 year warranty extension freem because any else beyond that you can just claim its was related to the previous service ticket. 

a nice little loophole. 

Message 1 of 14 (2,390 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Re: So how much does Sony charge to replace the PSP Go battery???

Feb 24, 2010
i believe with warranty its $90 or $99 without im honestly not sure, but it would have to be more than 100$ which in my opinion is a rip off.
Message Edited by iTofuMan on 02-23-2010 05:41 PM
iTofuMan Trophy Card

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 14 (2,390 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Feb 24, 2010
you can buy a new one pretty cheap on eby and find a guide oinline on how to replace it im sure its not that hard..
Signature removed by Admin for advertising.
Message 3 of 14 (2,390 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Feb 24, 2010
You mean you're ready to replace your GO's battery already? These batteries have a 2-3 year or more life span.
Eagle
Message 4 of 14 (2,390 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Feb 24, 2010
i would think to replace the battery would be less then 100 maybe 80 or 90 atleast i hope so!!
Don't matter what they say about you, what's important is how you respond to it.
Message 5 of 14 (2,390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Feb 24, 2010

specialkibs wrote:
you can buy a new one pretty cheap on eby and find a guide oinline on how to replace it im sure its not that hard..

that sounds like the way to go. if you're out of warranty when the battery dies, then there's nothing to void so opening to replace it won't bother me at all. but knowing how i run through electronics, i'm sure that when my psp go's battery does die (unless defective), i'll already be settled into some new overpriced gadget.

Message 6 of 14 (2,390 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
21728 posts

Feb 24, 2010

AmenDidThat2You wrote:

specialkibs wrote:

that sounds like the way to go. if you're out of warranty when the battery dies, then there's nothing to void so opening to replace it won't bother me at all. but knowing how i run through electronics, i'm sure that when my psp go's battery does die (unless defective), i'll already be settled into some new overpriced gadget.

Sony has not released spare batteries for the PSP Go, on ebay or anywhere else. If you should have your PSP Go battery fail on you, the only place to get it fixed is Sony itself.

Fortunately, since the PSP Go has only been recently released, you should be able to get it done for free under warranty. I'm sure Sony will work out some sort of pricing arrangement for replacement once PSP Go batteries start dying outside of warranty.

Message Edited by BoneOfWorld on 02-24-2010 03:37 PM

Message 7 of 14 (2,390 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2247 posts

Re: Re: So how much does Sony charge to replace the PSP Go battery???

Feb 24, 2010
Especially considering the battery is designed to fail outside of the warranty. I would imagine Sony would be somewhat reasonable about replacement pricing.
Message 8 of 14 (2,390 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Feb 25, 2010

WA7JK wrote:
You mean you're ready to replace your GO's battery already? These batteries have a 2-3 year or more life span.

no where in the post did the OP say that  :smileyindifferent:

Message 9 of 14 (2,390 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Feb 25, 2010

pandaSmore wrote:

WA7JK wrote:

no where in the post did the OP say that  :smileyindifferent:

When the post is about how much does Sony charge to replace a battery in the GO, then other posts about where the battery can be found and warranty info, one can only assume that the OP is seeking a new battery for his GO.  My question was if his battery was ready for replacement and how long the battery life normally is.  So, start reading from the top to include the subject line.  Here I'll rephrase it....Are you ready to replace the battery in your GO already?  Did you comprehend that?  Then I'll write The batteries have a 2-3 year life span under normal use.  Ok? 
Eagle
Message 10 of 14 (2,390 Views)