Dec 24 2009
By: hi_im_eric First Son 6 posts

Downloading games to multiple PSP systems?

8 replies 22 views Edited Dec 24, 2009

Hi everyone, quick thing i need cleared up.

If, say, my father has a master account, and my brother and i have two sub accounts on our ps3.. could my father download a psp game to the ps3, and then download it to both my brother and I's psp's?

We're getting psp's for christmas, and we're still quite confused around the whole thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5470 posts

Re: Downloading games to multiple PSP systems?

Dec 24, 2009

Hey, welcome to the community eric!

To start off, I would recommend downloading Sony Media Go. Using your PC, you can visit the PS store and it makes downloads for PSP faster.

Download Sony Media Go

After that, your father should log into the account using the Media Go then once he buys PSP games, all you guys have to do is connect your PSP to the PC and they should go directly on your systems. But, before doing all of that I think its highly recommend that the owners of the PSP should "log into your PSN account" on the PSP before doing anything.

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/Cenix13xpe/Smallerlogo.png

deviantART gallery | Twitter

PSN: Cenix13xpe

Message 2 of 9 (22 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Dec 24, 2009

thank you for the welcome!

okay, so if my father was to download the games onto his account from the media go, and then my brother and i each hook up our psp's to the computer while we are logged in to our respective sub accounts, we're still both allowed access to the games?

Message 3 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5470 posts

Dec 24, 2009

hi_im_eric wrote:

okay, so if my father was to download the games onto his account from the media go, and then my brother and i each hook up our psp's to the computer while we are logged in to our respective sub accounts, we're still both allowed access to the games?

Pretty much, if any problems or errors happen... It should be only because you guys need your PSP activated soon as you log into your PSN accounts. Activating a PSP can be done under account settings, sub accounts can do that on their own.

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/Cenix13xpe/Smallerlogo.png

deviantART gallery | Twitter

PSN: Cenix13xpe

Message 4 of 9 (22 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1224 posts

Dec 24, 2009
Yes you can use your PS3 to do that as you originally stated. I find the PS3 is faster to download and transfer from the PS3 hard drive to your PSP's.
Just don't erase the game when the PS3 asks if you want to. The PS3 makes a folder to hold all of your PSP content. I use this as a back-up.
Use media-Go to back-up all your game saves and media.
White PSPgo owner and older girl gamer LOL!!
Every dollar Government spends Makes the People Poorer!
Resistance is Futile!!
Message 5 of 9 (22 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Dec 24, 2009

great, thanks to both of you! 

Message 6 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Dec 24, 2009

hi_im_eric wrote:

ElectricEnix wrote:

Pretty much, if any problems or errors happen... It should be only because you guys need your PSP activated soon as you log into your PSN accounts. Activating a PSP can be done under account settings, sub accounts can do that on their own.

Are you SURE about that?

The PSP does not support the Master/Sub account hierarchy. It is a single account device, and will only play games purchased under the same account. I'm pretty sure if their father purchases games on his master account, they will not play on a PSP with a different account. If I'm wrong about this I welcome correction, but I have seen tons of posts about people putting multi-account content onto a PSP and it not working.

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 7 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Dec 25, 2009

GeekGod wrote:

hi_im_eric wrote:

ElectricEnix wrote:

Are you SURE about that?

The PSP does not support the Master/Sub account hierarchy. It is a single account device, and will only play games purchased under the same account. I'm pretty sure if their father purchases games on his master account, they will not play on a PSP with a different account. If I'm wrong about this I welcome correction, but I have seen tons of posts about people putting multi-account content onto a PSP and it not working.

This is my understanding as well, games would have to be purchased on the sub accounts that the PSPs have on them. Therefore if you are using two sub accounts you will have to buy the same game twice, if you use one sub account that you can both use then you can download the same game that was purchased once. If your father used the master accounto buy a PSP game you will have to have that account on your PSPs to download and play the game, this would give you access to the master account download list and wallet (I doubt he wants this). What he can do from the Master account is put funds in your shared sub account and then you both decide what to buy, or into sperate accounts for both of you,
Message 8 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Dec 25, 2009

If the game is bought on a master account, the sub accounts will not be able to get the download. Each sub account is considered a seperate account. I would reccomend that if your getting psp's this xmas, that you register those psp's to one account that the games will be purchased on so you can share those games.

For example, I have 3 psp's and they are registered to my account and all 3 of the psp can download the downloadable games i bought. If i had a sub account for a sibling i would have to purchase seperate games for that account.

So make sure to register the psp's to the one account that the games will be purchased on.

Message Edited by Naquiel on 12-25-2009 10:22 AM
Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 9 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes