Nov 06 2009
By: Lanthus20 Wastelander 664 posts

A warning to people about to buy Go and a be quiet to those who have

25 replies 12 views Edited Nov 6, 2009

People who are going to buy the PSP Go, don't. For one simple reason.

NO UMD DRIVE

did it ever occur to you idiots who bought it that you wouldn't be able to play the many great games that have been out for a long time. That are only UMD. Sony obviously has no care to put the old games on, heck they won't even give us new avatars. Sony is really behind compared to what people expect. It is a step in the wrong direction for them, they were going the right way until the Go. The next Portable system they make should be pure Downloadable games if that's the route they want to take.

Here, I'll try and make this more understandable to you guys. You seem not to get my point.

-My PSP has a 16GB memory stick in it, with several games. It's the fact that the Go does not have a UMD drive, and so a limited library, is why the other models are better.

-When I said 20-30 Games I meant games that you might like, or are interested in. As it is many are crap. There are many early games that I'm also interested in that the PSS doesn't have.

-I 19 so me guess I am teen. Grammer no important to teen? Me thinks grammer good.

-Yes, it is a public forum and you are allowed a free voice but I'm sick of Go owners who complain about the system, then the happy owner's defending it.

- Arc_of_Infinity, I liked this part of your post

4) Not requiring all developers to make digital copies of their previous PSP games available on the PSN, rather than making it mandatory.

It should be mandatory, but how would sony enforce it? That's the only problem.

- @cetom, Yes they are entitled to their opinion, but so am I.

Most of the original message was edited out and replaced with the notes above.

After reading some comments I have added to that section

Many people have been posting accusing me of being a "troll" and complaining because I can't afford a go. They also assume things like I buy only umds
What would trolling get me? Nothing. I am not that childish, I'm not trying to get a reaction, im trying to tell people something. That "I don't want to here anymore about the game selection".
Secondly, the money. I could buy a go, I just choose not to. I usually would have bought a newer version, having upgraded multiple systems as they came out with better and better ones. I'm sort of a geek. I like to be the one with the newest piece of hardware. The go is an exception. I did not feel that buying  PSP without a UMD drive is an upgrade, to me it's a downgrade.
And I actually have more digital games then I do UMD's it's the fact that I can get UMD only releases if I so choose that makes my psp better then the go.
Message Edited by Lanthus20 on 11-06-2009 02:13 PM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Message 23 of 26 (12 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1183 posts

Re: A warning to people about to buy Go and a be quiet to those who have

Nov 5, 2009

Lanthus20 wrote:

People who are going to buy the PSP Go, don't. For one simple reason.

NO UMD DRIVE

did it ever occur to you idiots who bought it that you wouldn't be able to play the many great games that have been out for a long time. That are only UMD. Only new games will be on PSN and that limits your choices to about 20 or 30 games right now?  And those are all small games, none of the bigger releases (more content games, not necessarily franchise) will get on it because sony can't even spare the server space to give us new avatars aparently. You should have looked into it better before blowing that much money. And in the future take the time to research a big decision like that better.

To sony, the PSP Go was a step in the wrong direction, until you get way more games on the PSS you will be flamed by Go owners who had no common sense and so bought a horrible product.

and just like everyone else just let it be if people decide to buy the go let them! its not your choice to stop em. everyone will learn from there mistakes sooner or later. my girlfriend has a Go and she doenst mind not having all the great games

Message 1 of 26 (12 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Nov 5, 2009

Really? *glances at the 217 PSP games on the PSN, not counting demos or minis* I see some pretty big names and releases there. Including today's release of Final Fantasy: Dissidia, which will appear in a couple hours. And most of the games on the PSN are quite big, God of War, the Disgaea series, Grand Theft Auto series, and others. Most of the NIS America and Atlus catalogs, loads of other releases. 

Heck, near as I can tell, the main developer that's mostly missing is Square-Enix. And they're slowly starting to release the digital copies now.

Sooo....where do you get your 20 to 30 games figure again?

-Owner of a PSP-3000

Message 2 of 26 (12 Views)
Last Guardian
10878 posts

Nov 5, 2009

lmao true 

Message Edited by Jim777 on 11-05-2009 03:04 PM

@Jim777PS
Message 3 of 26 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Nov 5, 2009

Let me just get this straight. You want to get on a soapbox to voice an opinion in a public forum, and in your title you want people who disagree with you to 'be quiet'. To speak in a public forum means you get to hear opinions from all types, if you agree with it or not. And that's the way it should be.

Yes, Sony screwed up the US launch by not being more aggressive about getting agreements from 3rd parties to include older content on the PSN at launch. There is no reason that can't change going forward. The lack of a UMD drive may be a liability now, but there is no reason it cannot improve unless Sony and others sit on their thumbs.

So yes, you have a point about how things are now (to an extent, launch day was 20-30, but it's nearly doubled since then), but your manner in which you presented it did not help. Sometimes you should let a point stand on its own rather than attacking a group of people you want to shut up as part of it.

Message 4 of 26 (12 Views)
Fender Bender
3460 posts

Nov 5, 2009

Kolenka wrote:

Let me just get this straight. You want to get on a soapbox to voice an opinion in a public forum, and in your title you want people who disagree with you to 'be quiet'. To speak in a public forum means you get to hear opinions from all types, if you agree with it or not. And that's the way it should be.

Good call, I missed that hypocrisy too.

I am also getting sick of these topics. We're all aware of PSP Go's downfalls by now. And there is no need to warn people, it's not like it's selling.

Message 5 of 26 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 5, 2009
Agreed 100%.  Anybody who complains about these posts on the boards should either get used to it, or go away.  Hiding these post wont help fix the problem. Sony needs to know that they are doing a disservice to themselves by not pushing more PSP titles out there faster or closer to their actual release dates.
Message 6 of 26 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Nov 5, 2009
plus, i'm pretty sure we all knew the psp go didn't have an umd drive. PSP GO RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS3 OWNER
PSP GO OWNER
SPORTS FAN
Message 7 of 26 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 5, 2009
ROFL?  Hey I'll leave, no worries.  I'm not defeated or worried about the fact that you refuse to awknoladge that Sony is dropping the ball.  I'm keeping the Go, just not as satisfied as I could be.  But thats cool, you rock out saving $ony, post by post
Message 8 of 26 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 5, 2009
if you consider him to have issues, than you are going to be busy explaining that to about 3/4 of all the people on here saying something along the same lines.  You unfortunately are a minority here in the fact that you think Sony has really stepped up their game and done a service to the Go owners.
Message 9 of 26 (12 Views)
0 Likes