Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/19/2009
Offline
183 posts
 

Re: 5 Things The PSP Needs to Kill the DS

Dec 21, 2009

You already have radio on PSP, god dammit check your PSP before asking for it.

 

Faceass Twitass who the hell wants those lames **bleep**ties?

Message 41 of 65 (20 Views)
Reply
Splicer
Registered: 09/21/2009
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: 5 Things The PSP Needs to Kill the DS

Dec 21, 2009

iTofuMan wrote: 
Wanna see a magic trick?

turn your psp on go to Network and scroll down till you see internet radio...

 

There you now have radio on the psp!


I'm aware of that, and use it every now and then.... but it's definitely nothing like Last.fm. Also, Last.fm isn't SHOUTcast, so the radio is incompatible. Not to mention scrobbling support.

 

Message 42 of 65 (20 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/09/2009
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: 5 Things The PSP Needs to Kill the DS

Dec 21, 2009

candlesayshi wrote:

iTofuMan wrote: 
Wanna see a magic trick?

turn your psp on go to Network and scroll down till you see internet radio...

 

There you now have radio on the psp!


I'm aware of that, and use it every now and then.... but it's definitely nothing like Last.fm. Also, Last.fm isn't SHOUTcast, so the radio is incompatible. Not to mention scrobbling support.

 


its not suppose to be like last.fm or else it would be called last.fm Sony didnt make a Psp to use it for only radio, they made it to play psp games (not ps1 games), if you wanted a Radio you should have bought a Radio...

iTofuMan Trophy Card

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 43 of 65 (20 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/21/2009
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: 5 Things The PSP Needs to Kill the DS

Dec 21, 2009

iTofuMan wrote: 
its not suppose to be like last.fm or else it would be called last.fm Sony didnt make a Psp to use it for only radio, they made it to play psp games (not ps1 games), if you wanted a Radio you should have bought a Radio...
I'm not saying I expected it to be like Last.fm. I'm saying that Last.fm is far superior. And as Last.fm is supported well on such a wide variety of media devices, it would work just as well on the PSP. And about that "should have bought a radio"... do you know what Last.fm is? It's so much more than just radio. Would you also argue that Sony didn't make a PSP so people could listen to internet radio at all? Or listen to mp3s? Or watch movies on it? Or browse the internet?

 

Message 44 of 65 (20 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/09/2009
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: 5 Things The PSP Needs to Kill the DS

Dec 21, 2009

candlesayshi wrote:

iTofuMan wrote: 
its not suppose to be like last.fm or else it would be called last.fm Sony didnt make a Psp to use it for only radio, they made it to play psp games (not ps1 games), if you wanted a Radio you should have bought a Radio...
I'm not saying I expected it to be like Last.fm. I'm saying that Last.fm is far superior. And as Last.fm is supported well on such a wide variety of media devices, it would work just as well on the PSP. And about that "should have bought a radio"... do you know what Last.fm is? It's so much more than just radio. Would you also argue that Sony didn't make a PSP so people could listen to internet radio at all? Or listen to mp3s? Or watch movies on it? Or browse the internet?

 


Yes because they didnt Sony made a Psp...To play PSP games, having mp3/video/etc are just little goodies, and to bump up thr price. I know what last Fm is i "had" it on my xbox i like it for the fact it had some of my fav bands on it (which i thought not that many people knew about) but the one downside was that i couldnt listen to it while i play games, other than that its not needed and last fm is only supior since it came out after internet radio. All im saying is you already have what you need when you buy a gaming system...to play games, the first thing anyone should complain about when buying a system is what games should be on it not whether it needs a radio/facebook apps/etc none of these are important for the fact that we bought a gaming system and should you use that, Ya it has mp3 player/video/etc but that shouldnt have been that main focus on the purchase as you could have bought something that uses it to it full compacity.

iTofuMan Trophy Card

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 45 of 65 (20 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/21/2009
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: 5 Things The PSP Needs to Kill the DS

Dec 21, 2009

iTofuMan wrote: 

Yes because they didnt Sony made a Psp...To play PSP games, having mp3/video/etc are just little goodies, and to bump up thr price. I know what last Fm is i "had" it on my xbox i like it for the fact it had some of my fav bands on it (which i thought not that many people knew about) but the one downside was that i couldnt listen to it while i play games, other than that its not needed and last fm is only supior since it came out after internet radio. All im saying is you already have what you need when you buy a gaming system...to play games, the first thing anyone should complain about when buying a system is what games should be on it not whether it needs a radio/facebook apps/etc none of these are important for the fact that we bought a gaming system and should you use that, Ya it has mp3 player/video/etc but that shouldnt have been that main focus on the purchase as you could have bought something that uses it to it full compacity.


Ok, well, the point is that OP said that Last.fm support would be a powerful asset to the PSP, and it's a stand that I wholeheartedly agree with. Also, as you may be interested to know: the Xbox wasn't the first device to support Last.fm, and it won't be the last. I wouldn't expect to have Last.fm playing while I play games, but then again, nor would I expect to have the media player going while I play games. They are all separate applications, after all. Also, the PSP wasn't made to just play games, and it's not merely a gaming system. The PSP was first marketed to retailers as a high-end video-playing Walkman that can also play games. Games were never the only focus.
Also, once again, Last.fm isn't just about radio. Can the PSP's combined internet radio and media player keep track of what you listen to, what you like and don't like, and offer you suggestions on other artists you might like? And also create a personalized radio station based on those recommendations? Can you see what your friends are listening to, and connect with others that have your similar taste in music? There is a whole community that would use their PSP more if it supported Last.fm.
I will definitely agree that Last.fm support has absolutely nothing to do with gaming, and if gaming is your only focus, it won't interest you, and it won't change the quality of the games.  So, yeah, it's does nothing for the games, but it'll do a lot for the platform itself.

 

Message 46 of 65 (20 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/09/2009
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: 5 Things The PSP Needs to Kill the DS

Dec 21, 2009

candlesayshi wrote:

iTofuMan wrote: 

Yes because they didnt Sony made a Psp...To play PSP games, having mp3/video/etc are just little goodies, and to bump up thr price. I know what last Fm is i "had" it on my xbox i like it for the fact it had some of my fav bands on it (which i thought not that many people knew about) but the one downside was that i couldnt listen to it while i play games, other than that its not needed and last fm is only supior since it came out after internet radio. All im saying is you already have what you need when you buy a gaming system...to play games, the first thing anyone should complain about when buying a system is what games should be on it not whether it needs a radio/facebook apps/etc none of these are important for the fact that we bought a gaming system and should you use that, Ya it has mp3 player/video/etc but that shouldnt have been that main focus on the purchase as you could have bought something that uses it to it full compacity.


Ok, well, the point is that OP said that Last.fm support would be a powerful asset to the PSP, and it's a stand that I wholeheartedly agree with. Also, as you may be interested to know: the Xbox wasn't the first device to support Last.fm, and it won't be the last. I wouldn't expect to have Last.fm playing while I play games, but then again, nor would I expect to have the media player going while I play games. They are all separate applications, after all. Also, the PSP wasn't made to just play games, and it's not merely a gaming system. The PSP was first marketed to retailers as a high-end video-playing Walkman that can also play games. Games were never the only focus.
Also, once again, Last.fm isn't just about radio. Can the PSP's combined internet radio and media player keep track of what you listen to, what you like and don't like, and offer you suggestions on other artists you might like? And also create a personalized radio station based on those recommendations? Can you see what your friends are listening to, and connect with others that have your similar taste in music? There is a whole community that would use their PSP more if it supported Last.fm.
I will definitely agree that Last.fm support has absolutely nothing to do with gaming, and if gaming is your only focus, it won't interest you, and it won't change the quality of the games.  So, yeah, it's does nothing for the games, but it'll do a lot for the platform itself.

 


  I know last fm wasnt first on the xbox but thats how i first knew about it i like but again is it worth it when we already have something like it? We have internet radio and whether you like it or not its not going to change (maybe?) you dont like it tough luck

Your whole second paragraphic is nothing more than just looking for people with music-taste like you for a gaming community ya i would be intressting to see, but i would rather see what games are interessting with other people than music (mainly since i cant stand the "music" (if you can call it that) thats this generation listen to know its nothing but looks now you can have 0 talent but if you look good your going ot get hits just look at hanna montana/janus brother they have no talent/dont write their own music/cant even play intruments and yet they are still here)

And like you said the Psp was first advertise as a "VIDEOGAME" walkman keyword is Video game whether you wanna agree or not Sony made a psp to play video or else why make psp game anymore when i guess everyone only bought a psp to use it for music/videos? right? wrong this is the whole reason why there isnt any ADVERTISEMENT for the psp its because people dont care for the games and would spend twice as much than a ipod and get a psp and nevr use it for Games. Its so dam sad...

iTofuMan Trophy Card

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 47 of 65 (20 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/12/2009
Offline
228 posts
 

Re: 5 Things The PSP Needs to Kill the DS

Dec 21, 2009

Man i think these are great ideas.

My five would be, FACEBOOK, APPS, Trophies, A link to the playstation.com forum and blog,and Game Betas would be awesome.

Can you see my wings
Proud owner of a PSP 1001. OFW 6.20



Message 48 of 65 (20 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/12/2009
Offline
228 posts
 

Re: 5 Things The PSP Needs to Kill the DS

Dec 21, 2009

Man i think these are great ideas.

My five would be, FACEBOOK, APPS, Trophies, A link to the playstation.com forum and blog,and Game Betas would be awesome.

Can you see my wings
Proud owner of a PSP 1001. OFW 6.20



Message 49 of 65 (20 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/28/2007
Offline
339 posts
 

Re: 5 Things The PSP Needs to Kill the DS

Dec 21, 2009
Yeah I agree don't even worry about the DS.  The only thing that I would suggest is to focus on games and gameplay that doesn't highlight the systems weakness.  Like some 3D games make you think about having a second analog stick.  And the DS has no analog sticks!
Message 50 of 65 (20 Views)
Reply
0 Likes