Sep 03 2012
By: TheRustyZero First Son 3 posts

very annoying problem

4 replies 309 views Edited Sep 3, 2012

Yes i brought some skins for dissidia duodecim on psp i after i brought them i tried to put them on my psp but when i tried to put it over it said that this console is connected to another account and said that it would become invalid.I think the reason this happened is because i origanally brought the first few things on my brothers account while the new stuff on my own account . I was hoping that someone could tell me how to fix this and if not if i would be able to get a refund so i can buy on the other account?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (309 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10851 posts

Re: very annoying problem

Sep 3, 2012
Sony does not give out refunds unless they are at fault. What you would need to do is activate your PSP on your brother's account.
1. On the XMB on your PSP, go to "PlayStation Network", hit Triangle on "Account Management", and delete your account.
2. Under "PlayStation Network" go to "Sign Up for PlayStation Network".
3. Select "Use an Existing Account", and sign in using your brothers information.
4. On the XMB, under "PlayStation Network", go to "Account Management"
5. Scroll down to "System Activation", and activate your PSP on "Game"
6. Download your desired items. If they are already downloaded, they should now be activated.
7. Repeat steps 1-3, only use your account info after deleting your brother's account

No guarantees, but this should work. You'll just need to remember that your account and your brother's both have your PSP activated on them.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 3, 2012

What you said didn't work thanks anyway i will add a bit mroe info the stuff that i downloaded from my profile like it goes on but it doesnt work like the skins wont show up as selectable and you can select the music but it doesnt play anything it has been like this everytime i've tried it.And the problem is it says that some of the things on my psp are activated on another account and that if i want this stuff it will have to get rid of what i have.But yea it also annoys me that it just even though there on the psp it doesnt work i really want help with this :L.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (301 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13253 posts

Sep 3, 2012

This is a PSP question, so I'm not sure why it is in the PS3 forum. As the messages say, the PSP can only be activated under one PSN account at a time.  Only content purchased by the currently activated PSN account will work.  Content purchased under other accounts can be left on the PSP, and recovered later when you change the activated PSN account to a different one.  You will never be able to use Playstation Store purchases made by more than one account at the same time, on the same PSP; so just forget about that.  You can change the PSN account that is associated with the PSP by the following method...

1. Deactivate the PSP in Account Management/System Activation
  2. In the Settings>System Settings menu, select Restore Default Settings
  3. In the Playstation Network category, select Sign Up for Playstation Network
  4. Complete the sign-up process with the existing account that purchased the content that you want to use
  5. Activate the PSP under the new account in Account Management/System Activation

You can switch the activated PSN account on the PSP as many times as you need to. You may need to download new license files for some content, which you can do by clicking the Download button for the item in the Playstation Store.  Playstation Store videos can only be downloaded to a specific console one time, so make sure to copy those to Media Go or a PS3 before deactivating the PSP.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 18, 2012

i have an error code of 80220183 or something like that and it says "download failed" so how do i excatly fix this problem i think the reason is that i had made on my other account which i cant get on unless i get my password back

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (249 Views)
0 Likes