Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 30 2009
By: venture5 Lombax Warrior 219 posts

"System is activated with a different account?"

14 replies 3957 views Edited Jun 30, 2009

So I just got my first PSP used at Gamestop (evil, I know, but I'm broke).  I set up my my PSN account and went to the PS Store and tried to download the demo of Secret Agent Clank, but it's giving me this message "This system is activated with a different account. If you perform this operation, you will not be able to use content that requires activation of the other account on this system. Do you want to continue?" Does that just mean that someone else already used this PSP with their PSN account, and that if I now use it with my account, I won't be able to access stuff that they already purchased? 

Message 1 of 15 (3,957 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2890 posts

Re: "System is activated with a different account?"

Jun 30, 2009
delete the PSN account that's connected to your PSP
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Message 2 of 15 (3,957 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
21728 posts

Jun 30, 2009
Once you deactivate the PSP from the previous owner's account and activate it on yours, you will not be able to use any downloaded content that the previous owner left on the PSP.

Message 3 of 15 (3,957 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 3, 2010
i have the same problem, i downloaded ff7 from playstation network on my ps3 but it wont let me copy it to my psp. so i went to the "view dowloads list" on my psp but its saying that its activated with a diff account. i have no bleepin idea what to do. any tips?
Message 4 of 15 (3,957 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14812 posts

Jan 3, 2010

venture5 wrote:

Does that just mean that someone else already used this PSP with their PSN account, and that if I now use it with my account, I won't be able to access stuff that they already purchased? 

Yes, that is what it means.  If you want to use the content that the previous owner purchased, then you can't download any content that you purchased to the PSP.  As soon as you download any of your own content, you will never be able to use the previous owner's content again.  That is how the PSP is designed to work.  Sony doesn't intend for downloadable content to be shared by unrelated PSP owners.

GKP

GKP
Message 5 of 15 (3,957 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Jan 3, 2010

shenlong19 wrote:
i have the same problem, i downloaded ff7 from playstation network on my ps3 but it wont let me copy it to my psp. so i went to the "view dowloads list" on my psp but its saying that its activated with a diff account. i have no bleepin idea what to do. any tips?
That means the account you purchased the game under is different from the account you have on your PSP. The PSP is not like the PS3, it can only have a single account active at any time. You cannot share content between accounts on the PSP. You need to purchase all your PSP games on the same account or it will turn into a big headache.

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 6 of 15 (3,957 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jan 3, 2010

venture5 wrote:

So I just got my first PSP used at Gamestop (evil, I know, but I'm broke).  I set up my my PSN account and went to the PS Store and tried to download the demo of Secret Agent Clank, but it's giving me this message "This system is activated with a different account. If you perform this operation, you will not be able to use content that requires activation of the other account on this system. Do you want to continue?" Does that just mean that someone else already used this PSP with their PSN account, and that if I now use it with my account, I won't be able to access stuff that they already purchased? 

under "Playstation Network" choose "Account Management", but press triangle instead of X. Then, choose "Delete Account" and then you will be able to access your new account.
Message 7 of 15 (3,957 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 18, 2010
i'm going through this too. the only difference is that i'm the only person who has owned my psp. before i did the system update to 6.20 i never encountered this problem. before the update i had 1 game that i downloaded from the playstation store (patapon 2) even though i bought it at fry's. so, i'm completely confused that it is asking me to activate a different account when i've only had 1 account. could it be from the system update? any help is much appreciated! thanks!
Message 8 of 15 (3,957 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 6, 2010

I'm in the same boat but because I stupidy added CFW to my PSP after owning it for almost 5 years. When I went to set up the PSN I was unable to access it on my PSP and get an error (it is not possible to access the PSN with the type of CFW on my PSP & its too difficult to take it off). Because of this someone suggest a work around by downloading Media Go to my computer which I did. I was so excited when I saw that I could access theSonyPlaystation Store on my computer that I purchased a $20 PSN Card. HOWEVER after I signed in at PSS through Media Go, I saw a free LBP costume pack that was able for d/l for free and I plugged in my PSP to my computer but when I tried to download it I got the same message everyone else is talking about. 'System is activated to a different account'

Why is this, I'm the only owner of this PSP, I've never set up the PSN on my PSP, just my computer and I do not want to lose my account as it is attached to my only email address. I will leave the PSN card for now incase it gets wasted.

I currently have the UMD version of LBD in my PSP, I have no ISOs - I do not use copied software as I like to buy the games and get their packaging (yes I'm strange and the only other thing on my memmory stick is a Japanese demo of Ape Escape, LBP saved profile and LBD custom levels downloaded from the interent via my computer and then put on memmory stick.

WHERE & WHY does the PlayStation Store via Media Go think I have a different account hooked up to my PSP when;

1; I do not

2; The PSN on my PSP is not even set up !

3; Who does it think my PSP account belongs to, where is it getting the info that it finds (on my PSP ?) and then concludes is different to mine ?

Is it because of the CFW ?

Any HELP would be apericated THANKS IN ADVANCE

p.s Stay away from CFW it really serves no purpose if you are a person like me that buys all their games, in fact it has caused me nothing but headaches

Message 9 of 15 (3,957 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Apr 6, 2010

Sunnbuzz wrote:

I'm in the same boat but because I stupidy added CFW to my PSP after owning it for almost 5 years. When I went to set up the PSN I was unable to access it on my PSP and get an error (it is not possible to access the PSN with the type of CFW on my PSP & its too difficult to take it off). Because of this someone suggest a work around by downloading Media Go to my computer which I did. I was so excited when I saw that I could access theSonyPlaystation Store on my computer that I purchased a $20 PSN Card. HOWEVER after I signed in at PSS through Media Go, I saw a free LBP costume pack that was able for d/l for free and I plugged in my PSP to my computer but when I tried to download it I got the same message everyone else is talking about. 'System is activated to a different account'

Why is this, I'm the only owner of this PSP, I've never set up the PSN on my PSP, just my computer and I do not want to lose my account as it is attached to my only email address. I will leave the PSN card for now incase it gets wasted.

I currently have the UMD version of LBD in my PSP, I have no ISOs - I do not use copied software as I like to buy the games and get their packaging (yes I'm strange and the only other thing on my memmory stick is a Japanese demo of Ape Escape, LBP saved profile and LBD custom levels downloaded from the interent via my computer and then put on memmory stick.

WHERE & WHY does the PlayStation Store via Media Go think I have a different account hooked up to my PSP when;

1; I do not

2; The PSN on my PSP is not even set up !

3; Who does it think my PSP account belongs to, where is it getting the info that it finds (on my PSP ?) and then concludes is different to mine ?

Is it because of the CFW ?

Any HELP would be apericated THANKS IN ADVANCE

p.s Stay away from CFW it really serves no purpose if you are a person like me that buys all their games, in fact it has caused me nothing but headaches

Media Go will setup and activate your PSP for the account you use to buy items in Media Go, it will also do a firmware check, as your firmware will not pass this check it will not allow you to access the store.

Does your PSP have a "Manage account" icon on it under PSN section? If so you could try highlighting it and then pressing triangle and choose delete to remove any account information from your PSP.

Message 10 of 15 (3,957 Views)
0 Likes