Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 12 2013
By: tyrellvtec First Son 1 posts

psp go

6 replies 194 views Edited Jan 12, 2013

i live in jamaica and i just bought a psp go for my son but but i cant download any games because in playstation network their is no option for jamaica in order to enter billing address or even to sign up to the network, how can i download games

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (194 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13988 posts

Re: psp go

Jan 12, 2013

You can't, unless you create a Playstation Network account for another country, and order Playstation Network Card codes online to fund your wallet.  If you live in Jamaica, then a UK PSN account would probably make  the most sense culturally. Sony never authorized anyone to sell the PSP Go in Jamaica, but there is nothing that Sony can do to prevent people from bringing them into the country and selling them without authorization.  Sony won't offer the Playstation Network in Jamaica just because unauthorized retailers are selling PSP Gos there.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (191 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Listen to reason man the psp go sucks and is no more so why are you wasting you're time on that stupid system?
Hello I'm asking anybody here who enjoys voting other people's ideas to what they would like to see over at the playstation network someday to vote up my 31 different ideas that are posted at the www.playstation.blog.share.com site. I have wrestling,frasier,mtv shows,grounded for life,beverly hills 90210, and more.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13988 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Actually, the PSP Go is still being manufactured and sold in North America (USA and Canada only).  It has been discontinued everywhere else.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4534 posts

Jan 14, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

Actually, the PSP Go is still being manufactured and sold in North America (USA and Canada only).  It has been discontinued everywhere else.

I'd be surprised if that's still the case, but I can't find anything saying otherwise; last I can find is from April 2011 saying it's still made in the US.  Now that the Vita is out, I would think that has changed.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13988 posts

Jan 15, 2013

No.  Sony made no announcements at all related to the PSP life-cycle since the Vita was launched, and that is no surprise considering that the PSP outsold the Vita during most of the months since the Vita launched; in much the same way that the PS2 outsold the PS3 for more than a year after the PS3 launched. It is too early to discontinue the PSP.  Sony will wait until Vita sales are a lot more robust than they are now.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4534 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I didn't say I was surprised about the PSP.  You specifically mentioned the PSP Go.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (162 Views)
0 Likes