Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 19 2011
By: Goldenhawk521 First Son 4 posts

Support for UMD format disks to PSP Go Systems

13 replies 177 views Edited Jun 19, 2011

Playstation, I am i BIG fan of Playstation and the Sony Corporation! I have ALWAYS loved your technology and adored the gaming systems you've placed out there to consumers. The PSP Go has been a GREAT success, BUT....there is a HUGE problem: NO UMD SUPPORT. Why? I have so many UMD games I would love to play on the PSP Go, but I can't. Now there are games you have put out there in the Playstation Store for which alot of us are greatful for (especialy PSP Go owners). There are still alot og PSP games missing from the Playstation Store. There was some kind of program someone started for I'm not sure what, in which PSP owners could bring their UMDs and you would convert them digitally, but was CANCELED for some reason. I'm not sure what that was all about. I know you wouldn't do something for one person, but there are MANY of your fans out there who agree with me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, make a UMD to digital game software for us please! You can make a UMD converting software and post it to Playstation Store or update Media Go with some kind of UMD converting software. Maybe to purchase for a price or free! Ofcourse somekind of maybe a UMD drive to plug in the PC USB port to transfer files. These are just ideas to help support this need of UMD conversion. I am not speeking of only me but for MANY of the fans out there who agree with me. If you cannot come up with somekind of UMD converter, then try to put AS MANY GAMES AS POSSIBLE in the Playstation Store! I hope you have read this and understand how alot of PSP owners feel. I mean If you just happened to come up with a UMD converter, don't you think your PSP Go system sales would increase drastically? Don't you think alot of PSP fans aren't turning to PSP Go because of fear of losing UMDs? Like our money was waisted on UMDs. What if you stop selling UMD supported PSPs? What will happen then? If you have read this Playstation )or whoever works with Playstation) has read this and wants to confirm my message, PLEASE PLEASE email me. I'm pretty sure you knew that because my email is linked to my PS account. Thank you sooo much!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (177 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14395 posts

Re: Support for UMD format disks to PSP Go Systems

Jun 17, 2011

This is not going to happen.  Just forget about it.  People have been asking for (not to mention petulantly demanding) this since the PSP Go launched.  That was over 18 months ago.  It hasn't happened by now, and it isn't going to happen in the future.  Sony is pretty much done with the PSP Go.  It has already been discontinued in Japan and Europe.  North America is the only region where it is even still distributed. Sony certainly is not going to address the UMD compatibility issue at this point. As for the Playstation Store, Sony is doing the best it can to convince publishers to make games available via PSN; but the reality is that games sell much better at retail, and retailers are more likely to stock a game that is a retail exclusive. The publishers care more about their sales and profits than they do about the tiny percentage of PSP owners that only have a Go.

By the way, while Sony does know your e-mail address, posting it in the forum is a violation of both the PSN and forum rules. You should remove it. In the unlikely event that Sony wants to contact you via e-mail about this issue (unlikely because no one at Sony except for forum moderators reads the forums), they already know your address.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jun 17, 2011

The PSPgo has essential been discontinued, it didn't sell well any many stores have gotten rid of them. There were unknown problems with the whole UMD to digital version program, and I think there are some legal issue in getting some of the titles to the digital format.

Perhaps things might improve with the Vita, as the faqs did specifcally state that they are "exploring" a solution to those whom wish to play their UMD PSP games on their Vita...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jun 18, 2011

I don't really care about converting UMDs to digital... That's your loss, but we should demand publishers to put up the previous titles that has been released otherwise psp go customers and such may be forced to piracy seeing as that is the only way to find our salvation. That is money not going into your wallets publishers so you better start putting games in there. We are sick of this. Why the hell we have to rely on the publishers anyway? Why can't Sony just force them to do it? So stupid releasing the psp go like this with NO PLAN and leaving us to die in a ditch.

vvave- Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2948 posts

Jun 18, 2011

they had a plan, but it failed miserably

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jun 18, 2011

No plan is a failed plan lol

vvave- Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 18, 2011

Well. Thanx for telling me this, but about the email thingy... how do I get rid of it?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jun 18, 2011

Edit the post.. Try looking closer on the bottom of it and you should find "edit"

vvave- Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 19, 2011

thanx

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (177 Views)
0 Likes