Nov 04 2012
By: roNiNplm First Son 3 posts

PSP gets stuck, won't do anything

[ Edited ]
4 replies 537 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

So I slide the power button up, and it turns on.  The "sony computer entertainment" shows up, and the 'wavy line' screen shows up.  After that nothing happens and won't leave the screen ever.  the UMD compartment makes noise sometimes.  Recovery mode won't work for me, and I saw someone saying that if holding 'R' doesn't work, to try pressing 'select'.  nothing is working, whyyyyy???

EDIT: I also have spent a couple hours on google trying to see if anyone found an answer, but it seems my problem is truly unique.  I can't understand what is wrong with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (537 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: PSP gets stuck, won't do anything

Nov 5, 2012

Can nobody help me with  this?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (526 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12276 posts

Nov 5, 2012

If you can't get the PSP into recovery mode, then you are supposed to send it in to Sony for repair or replacement.

https://service1.us.playstation.com/rma.htm?_flowExecutionKey=_c0393DF33-9126-30F4-7658-159DE1222729...

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (512 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Damnit, then i'm out of luck, stupid psp w/ it's problems =[ Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (508 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Actually a found a way. Maybe it works on all PSP's, I have tested it on my PSP 3000 that had the same problem and it WORKED. Before you turn it on, (First - Take out the memory stick pro duo and the UMD game from the PSP. Second - Press and hold Triangle, Square, Select and Start buttons at the same time while holding the buttons turn it on and keep holding the buttons for a few seconds then let go of the buttons). It should now show the setup menu then it would go back to normal. Hope this works for you, peace :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (451 Views)
0 Likes