Dec 27 2012
By: KJDFNGJH First Son 1 posts

PSP Go - Security Not Supported

4 replies 2820 views Edited Dec 27, 2012

My son got a PSP go for Christmas.  When I try to create a network connection the psp recognizes my netgear WIFI, but under Security says"Not Supported" and will not allow me to connect.  What do I do?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (2,820 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13173 posts

Re: PSP Go - Security Not Supported

Dec 27, 2012

The PSP only supports WPA-PSK security.  Most modern wireless access points default to WPA2-PSK.  If you want to connect the PSP to the network, you will have to change the security protocol to WPA-PSK in the router's web interface.  There is no real reason not to do that.  WPA-PSK is secure enough for general household use.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (2,813 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Hello!

To change your Security Option of your Router, you'll need a computer that is already connected to the router. I'm not sure what Model NETGEAR you have but this should be able to help you.

From a computer that is connected to your wireless router, go to your Internet Browser and type http://www.routerlogin.net or http//192.168.0.1 .

From here, it may ask you for a username and password .

The default settings should be:

Username: admin

Password: password

If that is incorrect, look in your Netgear Manual (if you have one) or on the back of the router (if it's there).

You should be in your router menu where Firmware or Home settings should be first.

On the left side of the page, Click Wireless Settings. A Menu should appear with your SSID Name, Region, Channel, Mode, etc. At the bottom, there should be an option for your Security Options.

Select, WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] or WEP. Create a password, and select Apply.

THE ROUTER MAY SHUT OFF AND RESTART WITH THE NEW PASSWORD. YOU WILL NOW HAVE TO CHANGE THE PASSWORD ON YOUR COMPUTER AS YOU MAY GET DISCONNECTED AT THIS TIME.

So now, you should be on the internet on your computer. If not, connect your computer to the router using an ethernet connection and change  the settings to match your computer.

Now, scan for your Netgear Router on your PSP and you should be able to connect to it using the password you've created in the Netgear configuration menu.

If you selected OPEN instead of WEP or WPA2/WPA, your network will be avalible to all computers, including people you may not know. Please create a strong password or use the one in your manual, or router.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (2,788 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Can somebody please help me connect my psp go to wi-fi? It is driving me insane.

I have: Netgear-N 150 Router model WNR1000v2

Security: WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]

Mode: 150Mbps b/g/n mixed mode

The psp doesn't see the network when it scans. I really need help, this is driving me crazy.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (2,659 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13173 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Did you select the option to hide the SSID?  If you did, then the scan will not work.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (2,655 Views)
0 Likes