Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 27 2013
By: ArmaDilan First Son 1 posts

Can't connect to PSN

[ Edited ]
4 replies 312 views Edited May 27, 2013

Alright, so i set up my internet on my PSP, works fine, but i can't connect to my PSN account? I even tried making another one but still cant. It says "You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address)." I got this PSP from a friend who already had a PSN.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (312 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: Can't connect to PSN

May 27, 2013
Delete friend's account first. Account management - press triangle button - Delete account.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (300 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13608 posts

May 28, 2013

You can't delete a PSN account, and there are no user profiles on a PSP; or more correctly, there is only one, so you can't delete that either.  You have to use the Restore Default Settings command under System Settings.  Then you can go to the Playstation Network category and use the Sign-Up for Playstation Network command to switch the PSP to your PSN account.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 28, 2013
Yes, I guess restoring settings will do too, but what does "Account management - triangle - Delete account" option do then? And why did Royston99 suggest the same thing and looks like it worked?
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSP-General-Discussion/quot-you-cannot-sign-in-using-another-...
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (277 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11605 posts

May 28, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

You can't delete a PSN account, and there are no user profiles on a PSP; or more correctly, there is only one, so you can't delete that either.  You have to use the Restore Default Settings command under System Settings.  Then you can go to the Playstation Network category and use the Sign-Up for Playstation Network command to switch the PSP to your PSN account.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

The "Delete account" on the PSP, simply deletes the account off the PSP system (not delete the actual account entirely).

The whole point is so that you DON'T have to restore default settings to put on a different PSN account. I've done it multiple times to switch between my brother's and my own account.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (174 Views)
0 Likes