Big Daddy
19510 posts

Re: PlayStation® Portable Router Configuration Guide

Dec 5, 2009

PSYCLONE6 wrote:
Okay so Google worked but that's as far as it'll go! anything else I type in Google Search or PSP  Address Bar gets nowhere! 

Under NetWork Settings, where do I find Status?

Okay, so google works, that means you have internet, but if you search, what happens?

Message 360 of 390 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 5, 2009
once I search for a site it attempts to load & all i get is the blank-white screen. Everything active, enabled & 100% signal.
Message 361 of 390 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19510 posts

Dec 6, 2009

PSYCLONE6 wrote:
once I search for a site it attempts to load & all i get is the blank-white screen. Everything active, enabled & 100% signal.

Very odd. Do you have cookies and cache enabled? Try formatting your memory stick (backup the data first :smileywink:).

Are you running the latest firmware?

Message 362 of 390 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Dec 8, 2009
Dissabled WEP, then nothing could connect, so then  reset the wireless access point. And I'm trying again and its still not working.
Message 363 of 390 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19510 posts

Dec 9, 2009

TheAlbraskan wrote:
Dissabled WEP, then nothing could connect, so then  reset the wireless access point. And I'm trying again and its still not working.

So you disabled WEP, and nothing could connect opnen auth.?

Did you reboot the router once wireless security was disabled?

Message 364 of 390 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 10, 2009

I am trying to connect and configure my PS3 with my wireless router. Not having much luck. My Router is a Dlink wireless N. Since its an N...does that create a problem? will the PS3 only work with wireless G routers?

Thanks

Message 365 of 390 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19510 posts

Dec 11, 2009

kimbo2020 wrote:

I am trying to connect and configure my PS3 with my wireless router. Not having much luck. My Router is a Dlink wireless N. Since its an N...does that create a problem? will the PS3 only work with wireless G routers?

Thanks

Make sure your put the router's wireless mode in mixed mode, that way it accepts G (802.11G) which is what the PS3 uses.

Message 366 of 390 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 17, 2010

Hello. This is my first time posting and setting up PS Network and I'm attempting to get the internet connected. I'm not much of one who knows a lot about technology so this should be a confusing experience.

My dilemma is that we use a Verizon portable usb internet thingy (use it for our mac laptop). Is there any way possible to use this for the ps3?

There is probably another thread about this topic and would greatly appreciate sending me the link for where I can find the answer.

Thanks! =) 

P.S. I see that I am able to plug it into the Ps3 but whenever searching for networks all that comes up is our neighbors connection (which I have already tried connecting to heehee, with their permission of course) 

Message 367 of 390 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 31, 2010
I checked my system's info and my ps3 doesn't have a ip address
Message 368 of 390 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19510 posts

Feb 1, 2010

drv2lrn wrote:

Hello. This is my first time posting and setting up PS Network and I'm attempting to get the internet connected. I'm not much of one who knows a lot about technology so this should be a confusing experience.

My dilemma is that we use a Verizon portable usb internet thingy (use it for our mac laptop). Is there any way possible to use this for the ps3?

There is probably another thread about this topic and would greatly appreciate sending me the link for where I can find the answer.

Thanks! =) 

P.S. I see that I am able to plug it into the Ps3 but whenever searching for networks all that comes up is our neighbors connection (which I have already tried connecting to heehee, with their permission of course) 

Is this a 3G USB Dongle? The best you could do is connect it your laptop, and if supported, enable ICS (If Windows, I don't know what it is on a Mac) and enable the PS3 to connect wirelessly to the laptop and get the internet from the USB dongle.

Message 369 of 390 (6 Views)
0 Likes