Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 11 2012
By: Triscal-Goddess First Son 16 posts

PSP won't connect/recognize my password...?

2 replies 1257 views Edited Apr 11, 2012

I'm having an odd problem with my PSP.... it won't connect to the network or store and at first I got an error message, but then each time after that it says my password is wrong..... I know my password is right as I've re-enterred it over and over and it works on my computer and two seperate ps3's.... anyone else experience this problem or (hopefully) have a solution?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Re: PSP won't connect/recognize my password...?

Apr 17, 2012

Triscal-Goddess wrote:

I'm having an odd problem with my PSP.... it won't connect to the network or store...

If by Network you mean  the Internet, then you probably need to change your router settings. The PSP does not support WPA2, so use WPA or WPA+WPA2 mode.

If you mean PSN, then your PSP probably has a different account already on it. The PSP is a single account device, so you'll need to delete the other account before you can use yours. Go to Account Management, but don't click into it. With Account Management highlighted on the menu, press triangle and you will see an option to delete the account. After thay you should be able to enter your email and password to login.

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Re: PSP won't connect/recognize my password...?

May 27, 2012

I'm having problems connecting to the WiFi on my PSP (This is the second time I've used GameStop's PRP to get another PSP due to a broken disc drive), and adding to the fact it also happened on the previous PSP.

...and yes my security key option is on WPA-Personal (TKIP)...so I have no idea why it's teling me to check the security options on my router.  When obviously both the computer I'm using to type this message and my PSP see the security key format as WPA-Personal (TKIP).

Computer's Wireless security window says:

WPA-Personal
TKIP

and the PSP's wireless point screen states the securtiy key for the wireless point is:

WPA-PSK (TKIP)

...but the

Connection Test screen says:

"A connection error has occured. A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the security settings for the network and try again."

I wonder why the PSP constantly returns connection errors when the computer confirms that the security key format is WPA-PSK (TKIP).

EDIT: I just moved the router out of behind some things and raised it's one down antenna and now my PSP connects.  Try moving your router out of hiding and raising antennas that may be down...that may fix the connection issues.

To the OP:  To be safe I'd restore system settings if I were you...that's the other way to remove someone else's extraneous PSN account off the PSP.  It's done by:  Settings Menu > System Settings > Restore System Settings

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes