Jan 30 2008
By: Guitarlp~ First Son 24 posts

New PSP sees my network... but won't connect... ideas?

5 replies 16618 views Edited Jan 30, 2008
So I just got my PSP and wanted to connect it to my network to start playing around with it but It's not letting me.

I'm running Firmware 3.72.

My Router is running mixed (both b & g) along with mixed (both WPA and WPA2) security settings. I'm using a WRT54GL with DD-WRT firmware flashed on it as my router. The router is setup correctly... and everything else in my house (about 11 other wireless devices) connect to my router without a problem.

I went through the network setup on the PSP and it sees my network... it just won't allow me to connect after I enter all my wireless password. I've tried assigning it a static IP address on the router and configuring the PSP to use the IP... but that doesn't work either. I've tried doing everything on auto on the PSP and having my router assign an IP by DHCP... but that doesn't work either. I've also tried TKIP and AES as the WPA encryption method (both supported by my wireless network) and neither of those worked.

The error I get on the screen when testing the connection is the following:

"A connection error has occured. A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the security settings for the network and try again."

Anyone have any ideas? I won't use WEP... so I need to stick with WPA (which should be fine with the PSP). I'm at a loss right now and nothing I've found online seems to help me in my situation.

Message Edited by Guitarlp on 01-30-2008 01:24 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (16,618 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Re: New PSP sees my network... but won't connect... ideas?

Jan 30, 2008
mac filter.
Silver PSP Slim
Firmware: 3.90
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (16,618 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 30, 2008
when in network settings turn internet browser off

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (16,618 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 31, 2008
I am in the exact situation as you, just got my PSP unboxed and tried connecting to my WiFi network and no go.  I'm in a pretty WiFi saturated area and I'm not willing to go back down to WEP either.

WPA-P (AES) on a WRT350N running DD-WRT.
PSP-Slim, Piano Black

same error.  I have Internet Browser turned off.

I'll post back if I figure this out.

UPDATE:
I forgot that while playing with my router settings the other day that I changed the wireless config to G only.  After I changed it back to 'Mixed B/G' then hit 'Apply Settings' it connected immediately.  Good luck getting your's to work.

Message Edited by Xenokira on 01-30-2008 09:10 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (16,618 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19510 posts

Jan 31, 2008
The PSP will not accept WPA2, so if you have it mixed there might be a problem.

Take the secuirty off, and try connecting, if you can conect then you would know that there was/is a problem with the key setup

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (16,618 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 27, 2012

im having a problem as well, my psp 3000 wont connect to any wifi, says the connecting to the network could not be established, check the security seting and try again.... I NEED HELP@@@!!!@@@

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (16,618 Views)
0 Likes