Highlighted
Oct 28 2010
By: illidan50 First Son 11 posts

Zune/ iPod/ MP3 player playback

6 replies 15 views Edited Oct 28, 2010

i was thinking, how awesome would it be to just plug in your zune or ipod or mp3 player into the PS3 using the USB port and be able to play music on it and even while playing a game. I just thought it would be a good idea to impliment it in

Message 1 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: Zune/ iPod/ MP3 player playback

Oct 28, 2010

That'd be sick man, but unfortunately I haaven't heard anything about any of that stuff happening. I hope that somehow Sony will try to do something like that over the course of the next year or two years

Photobucket
Message 2 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2028 posts

Oct 28, 2010

You can get to your music with the iPod, but not with the Zune. I'd be suprised if they ever added that feature.

Message 3 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Oct 28, 2010

There's another option called "plugging it into your TV's audio output".  *gasp* what in the name of god's creation is that?

Message 4 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 29, 2010

you like to be a **bleep** dont you tony? get a high off it or something? it make you feel big and bad? anyways... i was merely saying that it would be a cool feature that they could implement and useful and from the post above you, they already put in ipod support, so why not zune?

Message 5 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Oct 29, 2010

illidan50 wrote:

you like to be a **bleep** dont you tony? get a high off it or something? it make you feel big and bad? anyways... i was merely saying that it would be a cool feature that they could implement and useful and from the post above you, they already put in ipod support, so why not zune?

Calm down Stormrage...

I don't believe they actually added iPod support.  The iPod Classic can work as a mass storage device, and if formatted to FAT32, the PS3 can access it's folders and playback your music.  But iTunes stores the music in random folders with randomly named files.

Message 6 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Oct 30, 2010

i've tried to play my iPod nano on my PS3 but all i get is a ton of random confusing files with numberical titles, and no recognizable track names. The system doesn't play the files and all my music videos show up as "corrupted data". I would not completely blame Sony for the problem with iPod playback. It seems to me that actually Apple's more to blame, seeing as how they tend to make their products and files only compatible with other Apple products (such as the old iTunes DRM music format that could only be played with iTunes and on iPods).

Message 7 of 7 (15 Views)
0 Likes