Apr 30 2009
By: futurepr0n First Son 27 posts

The best places to stream TV on PS3

25 replies 16279 views Edited Apr 30, 2009

Hey guys,

So lately I've been looking for some good places to stream TV over the PS3 Browser as a substitute for cable TV. I wanted to know if anyone has some good information or links they could share? I think it would be in Sony's best interest to convince some major players to stream broadcasts over the PS3 Browser for free (NBC/CBS/FOX/CBC/ABC), and it'd even make sense for specialty channels to offer online subscriptions in the area of $0.99 a month or something (Spike TV/Food Network), and maybe a bit more for Movie Channels. Honestly, the past few days I've been watching some streams and it would probably be worthwhile to discuss a pricing model or strategy to deliver content like this...

Decent Site, some feeds work, many unsupported

Yet to try this one out, will let you know after lunch

I mean, if ppl are watching the direct feed from the station, they are getting all the commercials too. I think thats the objective, isn't it? When they throw up these crumby "On demand" services that you need to sit through a 16 second web ad or something before accessing the content, I bet more ppl are inclined to download the content ad-free, rather than waste their time, where as when you watch TV, you expect commercials and (at least for me) it's less bothersome.

Let me know if you guys have any links, or msg me in case this gets deleted.. hopefully its not a problem to post about this, are there any official tv station streams that are supported by the PS3 browser?

Message Edited by futurepr0n on 04-30-2009 08:28 AM
------------------------------------
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, iPhone, PSP, DS, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS2, PSOne, Sega Saturn, Genesis, Sega CD, SNES, NES, Master System, Game Gear, GB Color, GBA SP...

Wanna play?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (16,279 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Re: The best places to stream TV on PS3

Apr 30, 2009
No.
Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (16,279 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Apr 30, 2009
watch-movies-link.net, or go to google and type in watch-movies.net and click on the first link that pops up. Any movie you want from in theathers to video.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (16,279 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
867 posts

Apr 30, 2009

http://www.freeonlineepisodes.net/watch-tv-shows-online/

I was able to watch all the seasons of House here.  Seasons 1-4 are hosted by Megavideo, which only allows you to watch 72mins at a time before taking a 54 min break.  I haven't tried other series there yet.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (16,279 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
665 posts

Apr 30, 2009
MegaVideo is dumb!!!!
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - PoWxWoW
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (16,279 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Apr 30, 2009

these links are awesome

i actually pay for cable

however kudos

to you guys for free tv

victorthephenom
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (16,279 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1349 posts

Apr 30, 2009
Hulu works and they have fox NBC ABC
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (16,279 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2355 posts

Apr 30, 2009
Yea I like Hulu. Veoh works too. Theres tons of sites as long as they support Flash 9 they will most likely work.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (16,279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Apr 30, 2009

Yeah, I'm not trying to talk about the basic "on-demand" style places like megavideos or what-have-you, but more so the streaming live tv stuff. I tried checking out that one site just over lunch (from my first post), unfortunately the channels I tried to watch weren't working (Which was reigonally located as Canada), I am gonna try some from New York, or maybe the West coast though after work. I'd love to know if any channels offer online streaming services that work. I know NHL.com streams games online, does anyone watch their feeds off the PS3 browser? or NFL Network for that matter? I'm just interested in getting some options for TV rather than opting to get a cable package. Here in Canada, its pretty rediculous. The pricing tiers are designed to screw you over.

I for one think they shouldn't overlook providing the alternative to cable tv packages, alternatively through online... I mean, if you check out the first URL I have in my post, I watched the Rangers/Caps game a few days ago through that, it wasn't bad. It could be much better however.. And last night I just watched Fox as if it was on through cable.. Commercials and all, you know.. It's worthwhile because most ppl who have the net would more than likely download their shows as opposed to buying them, but being able to tune-in to TV, you expect commercials, and its not intrusive as it feels with the on-demand offerings going on right now..

As well, TSN and CTV affiliatied channels offer streams, but they are more like queue'd clips.. so I would avoid them.. Please report if possible any specific streams that work great on either links provided..

Edited: I'm in Canada, so unfortunately Hulu does not work for us over here
Message Edited by futurepr0n on 04-30-2009 10:29 AM
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, iPhone, PSP, DS, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS2, PSOne, Sega Saturn, Genesis, Sega CD, SNES, NES, Master System, Game Gear, GB Color, GBA SP...

Wanna play?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (16,279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Apr 30, 2009

Read about a few others.. Anyone confirm or deny these?

Link 1

Link 2

Wanna play?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (16,279 Views)
0 Likes