Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 30 2008
By: meowingcookie First Son 4 posts

[RESOLVED] PS3 Media Server Problems - "Media Server Error: 80710092"

2 replies 1493 views Edited Aug 30, 2008

Ok, first I was getting 8071053D with the same message, now I am getting 80710092. Read a bit of history about my use etc below, then the current issue and after that recommend something?

When I first got the PS3(well my partner got it, I didnt know it even had this feature until about 3 days into it) I tried using various methods to get the PS3 media server to work. I tried TVersity, but it never seemed to even detect that the PS3 existed, so I got rid of that and decided to use good ol WMP, since it would at least detect the PS3 for me to allow. Well, I was able to see my PC on the Media Server on PS3, and could browse it just fine. The problem came when I tried to play any file. It would instantly give me the error "Media Server Error: 8071053D A network error has occurred". After days and days of trying different configurations, chaging security and network settings etc, I gave up and just started transfering files to a usb drive and playing movies etc that way.

A couple of days ago, however, I notice(after spending 30 minutes moving a movie to my phone to play on it) that I can finally stream through it. I was able to open all supported music and movies etc. The trouble came yesterday when I tried to do it again, after watching about 3 movies 2 days ago. I get this new error message. It takes about 10 seconds to try to open the file(rather than instantly showing up) then it gives me this error.

Running WMP11, PS3 latest firmware, Belkin F5D7231-4 router with latest firmware.

Thanks in advance!

Well, I really think it was just an XP problem. Ran some utilities to make sure that my HDD was fine, restarted all the services needed for the WMPMS, restarted router, made sure NOD32 was working and firewall disabled... And now it works again. I still dont know what caused it to work in the first place originally, but im glad that its working again.

Message Edited by Piddles on 08-30-2008 03:19 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (1,493 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: PS3 Media Server Problems - "Media Server Error: 80710092"

Aug 30, 2008
-
Message Edited by Piddles on 08-30-2008 03:20 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (1,493 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Re: PS3 Media Server Problems - "Media Server Error: 80710092"

Aug 30, 2008
Well I have never run into that error before.  It does not sound like a decoding issue as those seem to come up as 800288* errors.  Unfortunately Sony does not provide documentation so its hard to determine exactly what that error message entails.  A google search for this error would indicate that it is caused by the router which could explain why it started working again after restarting your router. 
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (1,493 Views)
0 Likes