Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 03 2010
By: JDBNeFN First Son 5 posts

Netflix Wont Load Videos.

21 replies 3778 views Edited Nov 3, 2010

I was watching things then it randomly stopped working and wouldn't play anything else. The application launches and loads and every thing but it gets to retrieving and gets to about 1/4 and stops then eventually says "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title." Netflix works fine on my pc, Websites load on the PS3 fine, streaming video from my pc works fine.

Things I have tried:

Restarting the PS3

Resetting the wireless settings

Setting up the connection as wired.

Tried unplugging the system and waiting a few minutes then plugging it back in.

Reinstalling the Netflix application.

Tried resetting my router and modem.

Still cant figure out why its doing this maybe the server is down or something. Anyone else having problems?

Message 1 of 22 (3,778 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Re: Netflix Wont Load Videos.

Nov 3, 2010

Same here, maybe the servers on the ps3 side are down. Maybe thats why it took so long to get our store updates.

Message 2 of 22 (3,778 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 3, 2010
Glad to see that its not just me. So I guess we just wait for the servers to come back up?
Message 3 of 22 (3,778 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Nov 3, 2010

Yah, thats what I am guessing, kinda sucks.

Message 4 of 22 (3,778 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 3, 2010

Thank god... I was freaking out =/

Was watching a show, went to start the next episode and the same exact thing happened to me -_-

I restarted my modem/router/ps3 (because this has happened to me in the past where this fixes it) with no luck. Works fine on PC. I was thinking it was one of those random time to re-enter my activation code occassions but it wasn't asking me to.

Message 5 of 22 (3,778 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 3, 2010

Ya I'm gonna keep reloading the video I wanted to watch and I will post if it starts working again.

Message 6 of 22 (3,778 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 3, 2010

I guess since this problem made my move my butt to my computer chair I'll continue watching it on my PC until PS3 stops being a brat. Then I can replace my butt on the couch where it rightfully belongs.

Message 7 of 22 (3,778 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Nov 3, 2010
Yeah same problem here. It has been several hours now and it still won't load.

I am getting sick of all the problems constantly popping up with this new interface. The disk based thing worked great, now with this new one I get problems I never had before. And watching a movie during the times of around 8PM my time is practically useless. Constantly starts and stops. It literally plays for two mins, then loads for two mins, plays for two mins then loads for two mins. A 44 min long episode can last well over a hour and a half.
Message 8 of 22 (3,778 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 3, 2010

"We are having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title."

Is there any site we could go to to see the status of the aforementioned PS3 servers that might be down?

Message 9 of 22 (3,778 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 3, 2010
Nope the only thing they tell you is to call Sony or come here. Kinda annoying how they pass off all troubleshooting responsibility to Sony.
Message 10 of 22 (3,778 Views)
0 Likes