Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: How Do I Delete The Netflix Icon?

Dec 16, 2010
This is such a silly thing to complain about.

The same issue is also true on the Microsoft platform, but I bet there is someone over in their forums complaining about that too...
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 43 (498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Dec 16, 2010

"Do you purchase anything online? If so, it's no different than using Netflix. All online purchases are recording on the site that you are purchasing, and each time you purchase they get your information, some even save it so you don't have to enter it in again. I have Netflix simply because it is a cheap form of sattelite or cable television. The only way you can get rid of that Icon would to be to load an older version that doesn't have the icon."

You must be younger than 20 years old or something, so let me explain to you why a company needs your credit card on file.

Back in the day, when we signed up for a service, we would receive a bill every month, to pay for said service.  If we paid with a credit card, they used the credit card information for just that transaction and didn't save it.  They're still required to do it this way upon request.  Sometimes, they would put a charge on the bill that was invalid, and you would call up and complain, and they'd say, "We'll take care of it in the next billing cycle, but for now, you have to pay the bill in full as it shows."

Now, we knew better than that, and we paid the bill minus the unauthorised amount.  This company borrowing money from its customers scam wasn't working, so they started signing people up for autopay and called it a "convenience" to you.  Convenience to you my arse.  It's just a way to get those unauthorised charges whether you want to give it to them or not.

And Netflix takes it one step further.  They don't give refunds.  And they make you give credit card information for a GIFT SUBSCRIPTION.  If you don't think that's a red flag, then why don't you leave your door unlocked when you go on holiday, and announce your departure on Facebook.  At least you have a chance to not get scammed when you do it that way.

Don't say "That's just the way things are."  That's why that's the way things are.

This may be considered libel, but Netflix is a known scam according to almost every developed country's government's standards of what constitutes a scam.

My agreement to the terms and conditions of this site are subject to change without notice.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 43 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Dec 16, 2010

its a freaking icon buddy it takes up like no space on your Hard Drive. but i would like to see little you take down netflix that would be really entertaining. if you really want to complain, then complain to sony for making us all have the icon i use netflix so im glad theres a discless app on the PS3. of all the things to complain about in this world we live in. you are complaining about a red square on your PS3 like its a life or death situation.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 43 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Dec 16, 2010

OP Better Business Bureau gives Netflix A+ Link

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 43 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Dec 16, 2010

So what is this definition of a scam that Net Flix is supposedly doing. I have been using them ever since I got my PS3, Nov. 07' for renting blu-rays. Not once have I had a problem. They require credit card info to validate if you are 18 or older typically. So get over yourself and the ICON... You people are what's wrong with this country. Instead of just ignoring the ICON, a stationary graphic, wink wink, you think you have the right to RUIN every one else's right to have said item. I thought that MAJORITY rules,not the ONE that doesn't like this or that. Everyday this crap happens, an individual doesn't like something or gets OFFENDED by something that is so ridiculous that I ask my self, Is there any common sense or personal responsibility any more. If it ticks you off that much, quit using the PS3!!!   

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 43 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Dec 16, 2010

and now your topic has a netflix icon in it.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 43 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
552 posts

Dec 16, 2010

SeaTurner wrote:

"Do you purchase anything online? If so, it's no different than using Netflix. All online purchases are recording on the site that you are purchasing, and each time you purchase they get your information, some even save it so you don't have to enter it in again. I have Netflix simply because it is a cheap form of sattelite or cable television. The only way you can get rid of that Icon would to be to load an older version that doesn't have the icon."

You must be younger than 20 years old or something, so let me explain to you why a company needs your credit card on file.

Back in the day, when we signed up for a service, we would receive a bill every month, to pay for said service.  If we paid with a credit card, they used the credit card information for just that transaction and didn't save it.  They're still required to do it this way upon request.  Sometimes, they would put a charge on the bill that was invalid, and you would call up and complain, and they'd say, "We'll take care of it in the next billing cycle, but for now, you have to pay the bill in full as it shows."

Now, we knew better than that, and we paid the bill minus the unauthorised amount.  This company borrowing money from its customers scam wasn't working, so they started signing people up for autopay and called it a "convenience" to you.  Convenience to you my arse.  It's just a way to get those unauthorised charges whether you want to give it to them or not.

And Netflix takes it one step further.  They don't give refunds.  And they make you give credit card information for a GIFT SUBSCRIPTION.  If you don't think that's a red flag, then why don't you leave your door unlocked when you go on holiday, and announce your departure on Facebook.  At least you have a chance to not get scammed when you do it that way.

Don't say "That's just the way things are."  That's why that's the way things are.

This may be considered libel, but Netflix is a known scam according to almost every developed country's government's standards of what constitutes a scam.

I live in Canada so I am okay, and do it all the time

But really even if you got oh say a few thousand people to agree with you, that is nothing compared to the 35+ million PS3 owners. So good luck trying to convince them that way, its just an icon live with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 43 (498 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1037 posts

Dec 16, 2010
I'm watching RestRepo on my PS3 right now on Netflix. Earlier today, I watched an old episode of Family Guy on my iPad.

I got my normal $7.99 charge debited from my debit card on schedule like I always do every single month.

A few months back, when I got laid off, I suspended my Netflix service for 3 months. I was never charged for the months in which I did not have service. Once I could afford the service again, I restarted it, and haven't had any unusual charges.

So, just go watch Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory, and use your cash when you pay full retail for items at the store instead of saving money by shopping online.

And furthermore, I'm 30, and I'm VERY familiar with how Credit Card Companies work.

I have my card number on multiple sites, Amazon, NewEgg, Paypal, Netflix, Hulu, and many more. Not once have I gotten an errant charge.

So, again, take your conspiracy theories elsewhere.
Boycotting Corrupt Moderators
PSPgo Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 43 (498 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1123 posts

Dec 16, 2010

I also don't like the Icon and tried to delete it, but when I could not delete it I moved on, and did not get my panties in a bunch, there are more important things to whine about.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 43 (498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Dec 16, 2010

"OP Better Business Bureau gives Netflix A+ Link"

And how exactly is a BBB grade valid evidence?  The BBB rarely does anything.

"They require credit card info to validate if you are 18 or older typically."

My subscriptions was paid for for three months by somebody who already gave them a credit card.  They did not require a credit card for any legitimate purpose.  I gave them a cancelled card, but they told it has to be one they could charge.  So, tell me, how is that NOT a scam?

"You people are what's wrong with this country."

Yes.  Fighters who will not accept something that is just because it is are a problem.  Everyone should be just as complacent you guys and get all pissed when someone asks nicely to not have to be reminded of a scam every time he watches a DVD or Blu-Ray.

"you think you have the right to RUIN every one else's right to have said item."

I specifically said I don't want to ruin everyone else's right, but you were apparently too emotional to use your brain.  I just want my right to NOT have it.  I think that's reasonable.  If you don't, then you're what's wrong with society today.

"So, again, take your conspiracy theories elsewhere."

Conspiracy theories?  This phrase no longer has any meaning.  It's now just used by complacent people to refer to someone challenging corporation or government.  I know for a fact they do these things.  Corporations have attempted to scam me several times.  They put unauthorised charges on the bills, and I'll be damned if I'm signing up for a system that makes it possible for them to do it without my knowledge or consent.  They claim it's an accident, and that might be the case, but the fact remains that if they have an autopay system set up, the money will be gone before I even know there was a mistake.  What kind of person would put themselves in that scenario?  And more damning evidence is that I couldn't use the three months that someone else paid for in advance unless I gave them a credit card.

So, in conclusion, you're all getting your panties in a twist because I want to have the icon deleted locally, but you think that I should be forced to look at it because you want it on your PS3.  And I'M the one infringing on rights?  Right.  This reminds me of the time I said the PS3 should drop the playlist limit for music playlists and immediately everyonej jumped on me about WHY I'd need a playlist with more than 512 songs.  Well, none of your business, that's why.  Just because you don't need it doesn't mean I shouldn't have it.  And just because you Netflix fanboys want your Netflix doesn't mean I should have to look at it.  The icon should only be there if Netflix is installed, so those of us who don't want it don't have to have it taking up space in our video menus.

And, I'm going to give Sony until the next firmware upgrade to either have it gone or tell me how to delete it.  Looking at Netflix's ugly logo pisses me off, and I don't have to look at it if I don't want to.  You guys who want to...  Well, you went too far.  You're saying that, because you want to see it, that I have to.  You should have left it at, "I can see if if I want to but you don't have to see it if you don't want to."  That would have been the correct attitude, and this conversation would have been entirely unnecessary.

My agreement to the terms and conditions of this site are subject to change without notice.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 43 (498 Views)
0 Likes