PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: How Do I Delete The Netflix Icon?

Dec 16, 2010
Actually the Netflix logo wasn't part of the actual firmware upgrade, but it allowed for the logo to appear later when Sony turned on the ability for people to download the client.

I'm sure that Netflix has deals with all three game consoles to have their logo appear in the menu screens to help promote their service.

The bottom line is that the Netflix logo is here to stay, if you don't like it there is always PC gaming...
Message 21 of 43 (284 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Actually the Netflix logo wasn't part of the actual firmware upgrade, but it allowed for the logo to appear later when Sony turned on the ability for people to download the client.

I'm sure that Netflix has deals with all three game consoles to have their logo appear in the menu screens to help promote their service.

The bottom line is that the Netflix logo is here to stay, if you don't like it there is always PC gaming...

Message 22 of 43 (284 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Dec 16, 2010

If I liked my product prior to this advertising showing up and bothering the hell out of me, and then it shows up and I'm now being annoyed by it.  The answer is not for me to change which product I use, but for my product to be the product I paid for.  Why should I have to move from an otherwise enjoyable product simply because of shady advertising deals?  I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a product I paid for to not advertise to me.  I'm not moving to PC gaming.  Netflix is getting off my PS3.  The question is, will there be cooperation with me, which would allow those who want it there to still have it, or will it be by force?

My agreement to the terms and conditions of this site are subject to change without notice.
Message 23 of 43 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Dec 16, 2010

ori0n378e wrote:

So what is this definition of a scam that Net Flix is supposedly doing. I have been using them ever since I got my PS3, Nov. 07' for renting blu-rays. Not once have I had a problem. They require credit card info to validate if you are 18 or older typically. So get over yourself and the ICON... You people are what's wrong with this country. Instead of just ignoring the ICON, a stationary graphic, wink wink, you think you have the right to RUIN every one else's right to have said item. I thought that MAJORITY rules,not the ONE that doesn't like this or that. Everyday this crap happens, an individual doesn't like something or gets OFFENDED by something that is so ridiculous that I ask my self, Is there any common sense or personal responsibility any more. If it ticks you off that much, quit using the PS3!!!   

Yeah...people who don't remain quiet and take whatever others say/do is what's wrong with our country. 

Message 24 of 43 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Dec 16, 2010
You got me totally wrong there. For instance, some lame ass found out that McDonalds was using animal fat in their french frie oil and complained about it and now McDonald french fries are no where near as good as they were. Just because one lame ass doesn't like, he ruined them for everyone else. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T USE IT, DON"T LOOK AT IT, DON'T EAT IT, ETC, ETC!!! Lawyers and people like this guy are whats wrong with this country, WHINERS with too much time on their hands. There is much bigger problems in this world than a netflix ICON...
Message 25 of 43 (286 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9038 posts

Dec 17, 2010

SeaTurner wrote:

If I liked my product prior to this advertising showing up and bothering the hell out of me, and then it shows up and I'm now being annoyed by it.  The answer is not for me to change which product I use, but for my product to be the product I paid for.  Why should I have to move from an otherwise enjoyable product simply because of shady advertising deals?  I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a product I paid for to not advertise to me.  I'm not moving to PC gaming.  Netflix is getting off my PS3.  The question is, will there be cooperation with me, which would allow those who want it there to still have it, or will it be by force?

As others have stated, the Netflix logo is here to stay. You may consider it 'shady' but it's no shadier than say, an advertisment for BMW showing on someone's TV that can't afford the 'affordable' $599/mo lease payment. I'm just guessing here, but I'm pretty sure there are more PS3s with a Netflix subscription than without.

Good luck with it, though.

While you are at it, could you work on getting the digital comics icon removed from the PSP's XMB as well?
Message 26 of 43 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Dec 17, 2010

In this thread: paranoid conspiracy theorists pretend to be hackers and script kiddies, thus proving themselves giant tools.

Also, I have Netflix because I like it.  Advertising?  I get assaulted by much worse on a dailys basis without ever giving anyone a shred of information to help them do it.  I love the paranoid, they're hilarious.

Message 27 of 43 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
725 posts

Dec 17, 2010

ori0n378e wrote:
You got me totally wrong there. For instance, some lame ass found out that McDonalds was using animal fat in their french frie oil and complained about it and now McDonald french fries are no where near as good as they were. Just because one lame ass doesn't like, he ruined them for everyone else. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T USE IT, DON"T LOOK AT IT, DON'T EAT IT, ETC, ETC!!! Lawyers and people like this guy are whats wrong with this country, WHINERS with too much time on their hands. There is much bigger problems in this world than a netflix ICON...

Amen!

Message 28 of 43 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Dec 17, 2010

OP, I'm not under 20 years old, and happen to pay all of my bills online (why waste money and time on postage?).  Netflix has never done wrong by me, and if it has by you then I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy it as I myself and millions of other people do.  

I think that everyone who has responded to this could come to the conclusion that we would like you to be banned from PS forums because you are doing nothing positive and creating arguments.  Is that going to happen?  Most likely not, just like Netflix is on the PS3, and is going to stay on the PS3.  Nothing you can do about it.

As far as the whole credit card thing goes, no matter where you use your card your information is being given out.  It's simply just another way of out technology advancing, and making it more convenient for the consumer.  

You must be over 60 years old, and still keep your money in a coffee can.

Message 29 of 43 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Dec 17, 2010

OMGZ TEH ILLUMINATI ARE CONTROLLING NETFLIX!

Are you listening to yourself? It's an ICON!

Message 30 of 43 (286 Views)
0 Likes