Mar 8, 2008
I have tried everything on these post with windows visat and still cant get it to see my PS3. I can connect to my Xbox 360 but the PS3 does not show up. Any suggestions?
Apr 3, 2008
I need help with videos on my PS3.. Ive tried .wmv, .avi mpeg-4 and nothing is working my media server (Nero mediahome) sees the files by cannot play them, it tells me that the file is not supported. Can you help me, what software can i use to convert my .mp4(mpeg-4) files to a file that is compatible with the PS3.
Apr 9, 2008
ok i have a question i am not able to see any other computers on my network im on the same ip and subnet and have my workgroup set to the right name im guessing that is y i can't see my ps3 and it cant see my pc what should i do?? btw i can ping my ps3
Apr 12, 2008
i have followed the steps you did to enable the media sharing on my ps3 but my computer will not recognize the ps3 and my system will just say a connection to the network could not be established. What should i do to make it work?
Apr 22, 2008
I had a similar problem. The PC could see the PS3 (I clicked Allow), and the PS3 could see the media server, but when I tried to navigate the content I'd get a little window in the upper right corner saying it could not connect or find content (I can't remember the exact message). it was frustrating because it could find the server using 'search', but not get at it beyond that.
What worked for me is the following:
On the PC:
On the PS3:
- Open windows media player (wmp)
- Go to Library > Media Sharing
- Uncheck "Share my media to" and click Ok (confirm Yes to the warning)
Back on the PC:
- Under any of the media types, try searching for servers (should find none now)
On the PS3:
- Open Media Sharing again, and check the "Share my media" checkbox
- You should see the PS3 appear (probably as Unknown)
- Select it and click Allow, then click OK.
- Try searching again, and things should hopefully work. It did for me.