Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 30 2010
By: alkalinetrio1240 Sackboy 631 posts

Changing language and enabling subtitles on Netflix instant stream

2 replies 9287 views Edited May 30, 2010

How does one do this? I've gone into the triangle menu when I start my movie (trying to watch anime with original audio). It says that there is another audio option, but nothing happens when i click it. And nothing happens when i click on the subtitles either. Can you even do it? And if i manage to change the audio, will the subtitles be in japanese? That would totally ruin my day lol.

Zwei
Message 1 of 3 (9,287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3210 posts

Re: Changing language and enabling subtitles on Netflix instant stream

May 31, 2010

From netflix.com:

Q: Can I see subtitles or closed captions while watching movies instantly on my PC?

A: Foreign-language movies streamed to your PC, Mac, or TV have subtitles “burned in” to the video (“open captions”). However, we do not currently provide closed captions or subtitles for English language movies when streamed, although you can find them on most of our DVDs. The technologies we use for streaming do not yet adequately support closed captions, and most viewers object to permanently visible open captions, which they cannot turn off, burned into the video stream for English-language content. We are working on delivering closed captions or optional subtitles in a future technology update, probably first for PCs and Macs, probably sometime in 2010, and later for various TV-connected devices as new firmware can be created and the devices updated.

That's all I can find about the subject.  It sounds like as of right now you'll have to live without it.

Message 2 of 3 (9,287 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
631 posts

Re: Changing language and enabling subtitles on Netflix instant stream

May 31, 2010

ya I saw that as well. 

Zwei
Message 3 of 3 (9,287 Views)
0 Likes