Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: "An Install Error Occurred During the Install Operation (80029564)."

Jun 29, 2011

Hi gamers! I'm having the same problem...same error number. I've just checked out my Internet providers web site, and apparently they have blocked one of their ports. They say that viruses and worms use this port to get access to us, so they blocked it. I'm thinking that could be the reason why I can't DL. I've sent them an e-mail explaining my problem hoping they can do something about it. Waiting for they're reply. I have cable high speed, on-line gaming works fine, so I maybe on the wrong track, hope I'm right though. I'll let you know asap.

Message 31 of 38 (2,929 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 29, 2011

Sorry gamers, my thoughts were wrong. My ISP e-mailed me and said my high speed was just that, high speed and working just fine. The question is, " Why is it I can buy and DL a silly Avatar for fifty censts and install, but not my maps! " Oh well. Guess the Sony support agents idea is right...its high traffic that's causing the problem. Crap...when will the high traffic end? Still haven't got my maps...and now I hear a new set of maps are available! There go's the neighour hood!!!  I want that one too! Hope you worked things out gamers...I'm still trying. All the best to you.

Message 32 of 38 (2,929 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 10, 2012

It wont let me download squwat! It lets me download some stuff but nothing else. On my other account it lets me download everything. Its just my main account . My friends can download stuff off of my main account but me? I mean come one thats bs. I wanna redownload my saints row the third dlc and if I cant. I want a refund!

Message 33 of 38 (2,929 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 10, 2012

I kinda want to know whats causing this, becasue its bothering me that I can get Assassins Creed 2 (I want to replay it) installed on my PS3, I got the DLC installed, but not the game itself, and note this issue has been plauging me since about November Demos or games wont install till the 4th or 5th try (or in the case of Mass Effect 2 13 times)

Also offtopic, why have ICO and Shadow of the Collous taken off the Full PS3 game section? You can still find them if you search just wondering whats up with that is all

Message 34 of 38 (2,929 Views)
First Son
9 posts

May 18, 2012

I am having the same problem as you. I just bought AC: Brotherhood complete with all the add-ons. At first, it was the game and one of the dlc that failed to install. I've no problem downloading, it's the installation. That being said, I retried everything, all the dlc downloaded and installed perfectly. Now I just have to wait for the game. I'm on my fifth or so time trying to install the game itself.

That being said, my first incident was with Saints Row the Third(60/min trial) about a week ago, or so. I just gave up on that one as well as the 60/min trial of Catherine. This is becoming quite annoying as I've already paid for the game(AC: Brotherhood). I've been able to download a bit of other games and demos with no problem. This seems to be random entries that haunt me.

I was thinking if it has to do with the account I used with Saints Row. I used my main account to download the trial, but my japanese account to install. That being said, I used this same method with Ninja Gaiden and it installed with no trouble.

Lastly, my cousin, whom I share my account with, was able to download and install Brotherhood with no problem.

Message 35 of 38 (2,929 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 11, 2012

I have asked about this issue on other playstation forums to be told by some tech support guys from sony that they are looking into things that was a week ago doubt they ever will sort this issue out

Message 36 of 38 (2,929 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 18, 2012

I have the same problem too, i think its literally on sony's end, Ive been to college on networking and have configuered everything that i can think of, Some things download, little big planet took about 3 tries, virtua fighter took 5, ive trieed hard corps uprising about 6 times so far no luck, ive also wasnted teh god of war 3 demo, tried that about 5 times no luck.

This is costing me money as i have to pay overages.

ps3 is in DMZ, different configs ive done is

no router firewall

maximum transmission unit at 576 and 1492(one extreme one minor)

universal plug and play (DO NOT enable this for long, as its very insecure and attacks are in the wild)

my router uses a "reserve ip adress" function that i use so no manuel ip address configuration i set it to when it sees a mac adress it just gives that system the ip it has reserved for it, super painless more so then manuel ip config.

safe mod,

rebuild file system

rebuild database(after this virtua fighter 5 DID download, tho all i did today for hard corp was file system, ill try database next)

But if its tru i have to rebuild database EACH time, thatd suck

i cant seemt o find a decent proxy, didnt delve into it too much as im not sure yet if thats the issue.

I was using open DNS, but this attempt im using my ISP's dns which is WAY slower, but...that may be what i need. lets see, now installing "crosses fingers"  aaaannnddd it got past 14% this time...wow this may be it....31%..98% it finished ^.^ so wierd. ill test this later on, it could be a fluke but i will say i have UPNP disabled on my router

so like the 7th time it worked. maybe mess with DNS? not sure what i can gleem from it working this time.firewall is on, and this is a third attempt while teh system and the router was rebooted.

My internet speed is 50megabits/second or 6.3 megabytes a secodond, im wired using cat5e, tho i do have cat6 cables, but they are much longer and have to kinda be coiled witch produces magnetic internerence, and being as they are unshieled twisted pair i opted for the shorter cat5e utp.

Message 37 of 38 (2,929 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 3, 2012

i am having the same problem but with everything i download e.g. all cod dlc, resident evil raccoon city (full), little big planet dlc.                   if anyone can find a solution please help 

Message 38 of 38 (2,795 Views)
0 Likes