Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jul 29 2008
By: defenceman101 Treasure Hunter 5965 posts
Offline

pixeljunk monsters question

13 replies 1 views Edited Jul 29, 2008
i just bought the game yesterday and its a lot of fun but i am wondering does every level just start out with the 3 towers to use... i unlocked the fire one for a level but in the next level it said i had to unlock it again? it that how its supposed to work or am i doing something wrong

PSN defenceman101 feel free to add me
Message 1 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/03/2007
Offline
268 posts
 

Re: pixeljunk monsters question

Jul 29, 2008
thats how it works, if every tower stayed unlocked it would be too easy. also if you get the expansion, it enables you to purchase ice towers from the beginning as well as the other 3 towers.
Message 2 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/23/2004
Offline
775 posts
 

Re: pixeljunk monsters question

Jul 29, 2008
Yep, you're fine, that's how it's supposed to work.  Every level the enemies drop gems you collect to choose what to research for that level.  There's actually one board, if I remember correctly, that the enemies don't drop any gems and you have to make do with the basic three towers.  That one gets interesting. 
Message 3 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/07/2005
Offline
5965 posts
 

Re: pixeljunk monsters question

Jul 29, 2008

well that sucks! i dont want to have to earn the towers every single level... oh well

 

Thanks for the help everyone

Message Edited by defenceman101 on 07-29-2008 10:49 AM

PSN defenceman101 feel free to add me
Message 4 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/14/2007
Offline
365 posts
 

Re: pixeljunk monsters question

Jul 29, 2008
i have it but i dont play it but i can say u do have to re-unlock towers every level i think?
Message 5 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/03/2007
Offline
268 posts
 

Re: pixeljunk monsters question

Jul 29, 2008
yeah, well i definitely recommend fire towers all the time, and for those floating bees, laser towers work wonders. thats pretty much all i use besides the stock towers, fire and laser.
Message 6 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/07/2005
Offline
5965 posts
 

Re: pixeljunk monsters question

Jul 29, 2008

Freggz wrote:
yeah, well i definitely recommend fire towers all the time, and for those floating bees, laser towers work wonders. thats pretty much all i use besides the stock towers, fire and laser.

thanks for the tip


PSN defenceman101 feel free to add me
Message 7 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/21/2008
Offline
107 posts
 

Re: pixeljunk monsters question

Jul 29, 2008

defenceman101 wrote:

well that sucks! i dont want to have to earn the towers every single level... oh well

 

Thanks for the help everyone

Message Edited by defenceman101 on 07-29-2008 10:49 AM

Actually, that's part of the fun of the game. It's a lot harder when you have to decide which towers to buy and in what order because that changes from level to level.:smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/07/2005
Offline
5965 posts
 

Re: pixeljunk monsters question

Jul 29, 2008

BlueSpeed9 wrote:

defenceman101 wrote:

well that sucks! i dont want to have to earn the towers every single level... oh well

 

Thanks for the help everyone

Message Edited by defenceman101 on 07-29-2008 10:49 AM

Actually, that's part of the fun of the game. It's a lot harder when you have to decide which towers to buy and in what order because that changes from level to level.:smileyhappy:


i guess thats understandable


PSN defenceman101 feel free to add me
Message 9 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/07/2005
Offline
5965 posts
 

Re: pixeljunk monsters question

Jul 29, 2008
since i have people helping me i have one more question is the 2 player the same game as the one player you can just have some one help you? are their more bad guys or is it the same?

PSN defenceman101 feel free to add me
Message 10 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes