Jul 29 2008
By: motormayhem Gaming Beast 2523 posts

buying a game???

2 replies 38 views Edited Jul 29, 2008

well im planning on getting some kind of cheap game jsut for the heck of it, and i need 2 know 2 things.

1. will PAIN have trophy support?

2. where can i find those psn cards that u can use instead of credit cards? cuz my dad dont wanna use his  card

Message 1 of 3 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Re: buying a game???

Jul 29, 2008
PAIN has been reported to have trophy support sometime in the nebulous future but not currently.  PSN cards are a bit of a phantom currently, some people have said they are finding them at places like freestanding drugstores (Walgreens, Rite-Aid, CVS, etc) but far more people state that they've never been able to find them.  If they have been released it seems the supply is drastically limited.
Message 2 of 3 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1352 posts

Re: buying a game???

Jul 29, 2008

I'm not 100% sure, but I think PA!N will have Trophy Support, it's what I've heard anyway. Hopefully, someone can approve of this.

About the PSN cards. Well, as mentioned by another poster, they're pretty much a myth right now. They are out in a few locations, people say they have spotted them in a few stores, but they haven't made their way across the entire US. I understand your situation, in not wanting to put your (or in this case, your dad's) credit card info on the PSN. There's a simple solution to this. You can go to your local Smiths or Vons, or any similar market and purchase a visa gift card. It's pretty much a Credit Card, but it comes with a limited amount of money. They come in $25, $50, $75, and $100, and I think there are more. You can use these to make online purchases, they work just as good. Once you use up the money in the gift card, you just dispose of it. Visa Gift Cards are basically PSN cards, except with a different name.

R.I.P. Paul Harvey (Sept. 4, 1918 - Feb. 28, 2009)

Operation Dentiform Alignment Initiated on Wednesday September 3, 2008
Heavy Enforcers Added on Tuesday October 8, 2008

Message 3 of 3 (38 Views)
0 Likes