Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 10 2009
By: BlackAcidDevil Wastelander 645 posts

You Stole $10 From Me

61 replies 11 views Edited Apr 10, 2009

Okay, so I'm pretty angry over Rag Doll Kung Fu.  Actually, angry doesn't even begin to describe it.  I'm **bleep**ing furious.  When I looked at the info and purchased it shortly after it went up, it clearly said:

* Single Player and Multiplayer Modes - Perfect for any occasion, Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic offers solo missions and frantic multiplayer action with up to 4 players locally or online.

Bought it and launched the game, only to find out that online multiplayer is not possible.  Now I check the game info in the store again, and it's been changed to:

* Multiplayer Mayhem - Offline multiplayer for 2 - 4 players.

Bravo, you sly dogs.  Enjoy it, because it's quite possibly the last $10 you're ever getting from me.  I've spent hundreds on Qore/games/DLC in your store, but I'm drawing the line here.  You flat out lied, said a game included a very important feature that it does not actually include, and I lost real money because of it.

blackaciddevil
Message 1 of 62 (11 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Re: You Stole $10 From Me

Apr 10, 2009
i feel the same where is the online play at the whole reason i bought this plus it reminded me of kung fu  chaos i'm sure a patch with online play is on the way hopefully today or tommorow. when i saw the thread title i knew it was about kung fu rag doll
Message 2 of 62 (11 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Apr 10, 2009
Hopefully the game gets a patch to add online play. But I agree with the OP, very misleading - actually flat out lying. 

Message 3 of 62 (11 Views)
Gaming Beast
2190 posts

Apr 10, 2009
wow. $10 bucks is not that much compared to the $100s that you have spent. dont you think you are blowing this out of proportion? so you got a lemon...im sure its not the first time. i understand that you thought the multiplayer section included online, but it never did. there were plenty of reviews around the web that would have told you that there is no online function as-of-yet. a little research never hurt anyone. just try a little patience and ill bet they patch in some online multiplayer to please their customers
hosted free @ uploadftw.com
Message 4 of 62 (11 Views)
Wastelander
645 posts

Apr 10, 2009

BigGoose62 wrote:
wow. $10 bucks is not that much compared to the $100s that you have spent. dont you think you are blowing this out of proportion? so you got a lemon...im sure its not the first time. i understand that you thought the multiplayer section included online, but it never did. there were plenty of reviews around the web that would have told you that there is no online function as-of-yet. a little research never hurt anyone. just try a little patience and ill bet they patch in some online multiplayer to please their customers

Why would I go review hopping if they said it themselves in the product description that it had the feature?  The money isn't what matters, it's the fact that they flat out lied about a feature in the game, a feature which happens to be a selling point to many people.  There's no way I would have bought this if the product description said what it says now.

blackaciddevil
Message 5 of 62 (11 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1902 posts

Apr 10, 2009

BlackAcidDevil wrote:

BigGoose62 wrote:

Why would I go review hopping if they said it themselves in the product description that it had the feature?  The money isn't what matters, it's the fact that they flat out lied about a feature in the game, a feature which happens to be a selling point to many people.  There's no way I would have bought this if the product description said what it says now.

Not that I think you didn't get screwed..because you did. But as general rule, I don't listen to the game descriptions. Even when they're true, they're worded and ordered in a way that makes people want to buy their product - even if its terrible. 

Message 6 of 62 (11 Views)
Gaming Beast
2190 posts

Apr 10, 2009

BlackAcidDevil wrote:

BigGoose62 wrote:

3rd party reviews are always the best source to use to get your information when it comes to being a consumer. if someone told you their snake oil was better than the average joe's snake oil, would you buy it? and maybe im just jaded when it comes to missing features...im a socom player lol

hosted free @ uploadftw.com
Message 7 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1267 posts

Apr 10, 2009
If you can provide visual proof that the game said it had online multi-player, you can probably get a refund if you call Sony. You should call them anyway about it, but it'd be much easier if you had some evidence.
Message 8 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

Apr 10, 2009
It's a very long shot, but you could try to contact Customer Support by phone right away. They might be able to do something since you just bought it before they changed the info. It's probable that they won't, even if you talk to a supervisor, but there's a slim chance that they could, and in any case you'll be able to let them know that you are unhappy so that the PSN Store team will be be more careful in the future. Just don't get furious at the person you are talking to, since s/he isn't the one who wrote the incorrect description. You are probably not the only one who was misled.
--

I neither work nor speak for SCEA;
the views expressed in this message are solely my own.
Message 9 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Apr 10, 2009
I knew that this game was offline multiplayer only weeks ago.
Message 10 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes